CT River Run Oct 19th

Notices

CT River Run Oct 19th

Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
bats..
where are you out of? meeting at OS at 10 with us?
glad8..
did you get to b-port the other weekend? coming to OS on the 19th?
jeff..
where's the ramp in portland?
dan..
tsunami? or the cig?
c
Long story regarding the Glen Cove run C. I entered but blew an impeller in the harbor over near glen Cove. I got a part and had it fixed 20 minutes after the others left for Bridgeport. I tried to play catch up, but by the time I pulled into Bport harbor, I was too late. I saw you and that outboard Sutphen coming out of the harbor. You must have seen me ...I was right next to you for a hot minute. I found out later most of the smaller boats didnt run over to Bport. I think I was the smallest boat that made the run over there(maybe 1 27 Activator made it there). All in all, only half the boats went to Bport I heard.

I plan on being at the river run in my Dad's 24 Progression. it is black and blue and named "BARFLY"...can't miss it. My boat is going in storage after the Lake George run next w/end.

Oh, BTW, "batboat" is one of the guys that fixed my impeller. He knows his way around an engine room! 509 CI whipple power in that bad boy!

Last edited by Gladhe8er; 10-02-2008 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fisrt time for me, I'll be there cant wait to see this
Old 10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

glad8..
I KNEW that was you!!..boat looked great, sounded awesome...seemed to run real nice in that slop! where's your dad's boat kept?
pros...
how will you get there?...i'm just over the hill in northford, maybe we could caravan? 203 687 6688
dan/ken..
i'd lay odds on the gladiator on the river, but the sut in real h2o..a father and son challenge?
c

Last edited by ChristianGott; 10-09-2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: wrong number
Old 10-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered

Gladeater, we thought that was you in bridgeport.
C and I (out board sutphen) almost ran over there but figured youd make it over our way( if it was you) since you knew the sutphens.

would have been cool to run three in a row for a while in that water.

We had a good day.

Only saw 9 boats or so in the bridgport area and you werent very far behind th pack maybe 10 minutes max.

C portland marinas launch i just off rt66 in the middletown area near americas cup.
Nice launch

For those going to haddam meadows be careful of the ramp it gets realy washed out and your trailer will drop off the end of the concrete and when you go to load you'll be S.O.L.

You'll load croocked or possibly not be able to load at all with a bigger (25 and up)boat.
I may load down OS if alot of offshore guys are loading there.
It would be a cool run up river.
Too bad we dont have someone to video from the bridge.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have stopped to chat, but I was trying to find the other boats to run with! There were about 23 boats entered in the run...I guess only the hardcore went to Bport! I think I was out of the water 1/3 of the time, as there were some nice rollers the whole way over.

My Dad keeps the Progression on its trailer in his driveway in Norwalk. I usually launch out of Stratford.

Here is a pic of it. Hopefully I will see you guys at the CT run(I have to get out of a prior commitment).
Attached Thumbnails CT River Run Oct 19th-barfly-front-angle.jpg  
Old 10-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

What a beautiful sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails CT River Run Oct 19th-dsc00309.jpg   CT River Run Oct 19th-dsc00310.jpg   CT River Run Oct 19th-dsc00311.jpg  

Old 10-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Registered

C and I were catching some air as well.
We had a good fun run over to bridgeport.
I think thats the most fun I have had in this boat yet.

we were cookin pretty good in those rollers and they were spaced out perfectly for jumpin.

The river run should be fun but cold BRRRRRR.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
glad8..
I KNEW that was you!!..boat looked great, sounded awesome...seemed to run real nice in that slop! where's your dad's boat kept?
pros...
how will you get there?...i'm just over the hill in northford, maybe we could caravan? 203 686 6688
dan/ken..
i'd lay odds on the gladiator on the river, but the sut in real h2o..a father and son challenge?
c
I usually head up Rt 68 to durham, Randolf Road to Rt 9 and get off exit 7, go over the bridge and right by the goodspeed, take a left just past Goodspeed and launch at the Salmon River launch.
What ramp do you usually use? i might just try a different ramp if you use a different one, I know haddam meadows sux for a boat my size so I dont use it.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey pros...
i'll be going down 22 to rt 1, quick stop in branford to drop off my kids...then i95 to saybrook..never thought of the 68 to 9 thing, i'm about 10 min from 68.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

It sounds like there all meeting up in rocky hill. I know you guys were thinking of launching in OS and that would be a cool run ,but its gonna burn some fuel running all that way andmessing around and then running all the way back down.
Is there still fuel docks open in mid oct?

how many guys are actually launching in OS?

Quick Reply: CT River Run Oct 19th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.