Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
Old Zutphen's >

Old Zutphen's

Notices

Old Zutphen's

Old 03-21-2002, 10:12 AM
brakeless

Default Old Zutphen's

I was surprised to see there was a Sutphen crowd outhere. So I am adding a picture of my '86 Sutphen. It won't win the award as the oldest but it's still clean, runs great and never left me stranded
Attached Thumbnails Old Zutphen's-sutphen2.jpg  

Old 03-21-2002, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Brakeless....very sharp!...is that a 30?...what kind of power do you have?

Old 03-22-2002, 07:59 AM
sutphenman

Default RARE..FAST..STRONG...SUTPHEN

Nice ride Brakeless..What are the water conditions you run in and are you glad you bought such a strong hull? Dave G

Old 03-22-2002, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice..how big?,...how fast?
Old 03-26-2002, 05:17 PM
brakeless

The 30' Ocean Pacer runs best in a little chop. I had stripped her of all the excess baggage (mother in law, wife, dog, water, gas etc...) and got her to 82mph on the GPS. Golden Racing built her motors and I can only guess that the 454's are putting out 480 HP. Never had her on a dyno. She can be very loud. Only one noise violation but that got thrown out of court when the cop didn't show.

I bought the boat because I used to own a Wellcraft. That mass produced boat had the engine mounts rot out and the replacement is a job nobody should have to do twice. The Sutphen is built like a brick sh**house. I cannot stuff the bow! I think the worst waves she ever saw were when I was up by the Manitou Islands in Lake Michigan. They were about 9' and I couldn't stay on plane.

Old 03-26-2002, 09:24 PM
sutphenman

I gotta get me a bigger Sutphen!!!