1973 sutphen sport pacer >

1973 sutphen sport pacer

Notices

1973 sutphen sport pacer

Old 11-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tsp
Nice boat. I like the color and how they ran the stripe.
There is a 17 sport pacer with a jet drive for sale here for $1500 on a trailer, but it needs a restore (floors etc). How much does a job like that cost?
It would be best to call Rich or Morgan for cost.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TOASTY
where is Jr doing work?
was there any stringer or bulkhead work done?
His paint work is amazing. I cant wait to see the new sit down Sr has thought of
FL and NY.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mcrkitek, where did this boat come from? The reason I ask is because my father owned a boat identical to this back in the late 70's. Back then his had a 135 Johnson on it and was the same colors with an offset orange stripe on the deck and everything. That boat was in southeast CT when my father owned it. It came new from Jimmy Goodrich back when he was selling those small Sutphens along with Tahiti's. My father owned it from around '77 to '80 I believe. I think I may have some old photos of it somewhere, I know I definitely have some old school slides of it, if I can I will try to scan them and post 'em up here. Anyhow just curious if it may be the same boat, by the way it looks gorgeous glad to see it restored to the level it deserves!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike_99_21
Hey mcrkitek, where did this boat come from? The reason I ask is because my father owned a boat identical to this back in the late 70's. Back then his had a 135 Johnson on it and was the same colors with an offset orange stripe on the deck and everything. That boat was in southeast CT when my father owned it. It came new from Jimmy Goodrich back when he was selling those small Sutphens along with Tahiti's. My father owned it from around '77 to '80 I believe. I think I may have some old photos of it somewhere, I know I definitely have some old school slides of it, if I can I will try to scan them and post 'em up here. Anyhow just curious if it may be the same boat, by the way it looks gorgeous glad to see it restored to the level it deserves!
I believe this boat has been in his family since new. But dont quote me on that.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike_99_21
didnt they ALL come from JIMMY GOODRICH!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered

i had one of those 5 yrs ago i totally redid,paint carpet interior had a 175 merc on it.. it hauled a**!!! ran hard 70s all day.. i traded that and cash to a jerkoff that turned it into a duck boat! had i know he was gonna do that i never woulda done that deal!!!! anyway the boat looks awesome! great job!!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Registered

Default Sutphen 174

The boat was purchased new by my uncle, I believe from lake Mohawk marina, I gained custody of it back in 81. I moved to California in 95, but kept the boat at my parents house at lake hopatcong and would use it a few times a year on visits. The last five years it sat in my brothers back yard, filled with leaves and water. I got a phone call this past spring, my brother was moving out of state and i had to move the boat. I placed an ad on craigslist to sell the boat and received many calls but couldn't pull the trigger, too many memories, so I decided to keep it and searched out someone to help me reconditioned it. Heard rich jr. Was up at the lake doing work, contacted him and there she is,looking better than ever. Extremely thankful for all the handwork that went into the boat and look forward to spring when I travel east to the lake I grew up on. The boat was originally all tangerine with a black stripe and black seats, when rich asked me what color I wanted the boat to be, I said, do what you think would look best, but, I do like orange. He did a great job.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Registered

I would love to see some old photos of your fathers boat. I had several friends on the lake that had the sutphen outboard. We use to go to Bertrand island amusement park and charge five bucks for a ride down the lake so we could by gas to water ski. Scared the crap out of many people. Such good times in that boat.
Old 09-16-2023, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

just pick up a "74 Sport Pacer
Old 09-16-2023, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

have to get post count up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.