Red Sutphen 30 from Powerboatlistings >

Red Sutphen 30 from Powerboatlistings

Notices

Red Sutphen 30 from Powerboatlistings

Old 06-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Sutphen 30 from Powerboatlistings

I'm sure it has been mentioned here at one point in time or another but does anyone have an information about his boat? I have seen it for sale on PBL for a long time but they never seem to delete ads. I have been looking at this boat for years now and just wanted to see if there is anyone with some knowledge about history or any info at all. Pictures suck but i bet it shines up real nice.
Thanks
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/9701
Old 06-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered

I have No history on it, but looks like it was a race hull, straight dash set up. Nice looking boat fo sho!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fitler
I'm sure it has been mentioned here at one point in time or another but does anyone have an information about his boat? I have seen it for sale on PBL for a long time but they never seem to delete ads. I have been looking at this boat for years now and just wanted to see if there is anyone with some knowledge about history or any info at all. Pictures suck but i bet it shines up real nice.
Thanks
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/9701
FILTER,
HERE'S A LITTLE HISTORY THAT I KNOW WITH PHOTO'S TO BOOT. CURRENT OWNER IS JOHN HANSCOM AND THE NAME OF THAT SUTPHEN IS "RED ALERT", SHOCKING RITE LOL.....
JOHN & I IN 1986-87 (?YEAR?) WERE SHOPPING 3 SUTPHENS WITH OUT EVEN KNOWING IT(IN RECENT COVERSATIONS WITH HIM). 1. WAS "RED ALERT" AND IT WAS NOT RED THEN BUT DARK GREEN 2. "ENDLESS FLIGHT" BLACK SIDES,WHITE DECK AND BOTTOM 3. "SIDE WINDER" ALL ORANGE AS I REMEMBER. I OPTED FOR THE BLACK & WHITE BOAT BECAUSE GREEN AND ORANGE DIDN'T WORK FOR ME, PLUS AT 23YRS YOUNG I DIDN'T WANT THE EXPENSE OF A PAINT JOB . NONETHELESS, JOHN WOUND UP BUYING THE GREEN BOAT BY DEFAULT DUE TO THE OTHERS BEING SOLD.
ALSO JOHN RACED "INFERNO" ANOTHER "NOTORIOUS" SUTPHEN WHEN THE ONLY TIME IT RAN IN "C' CLASS (???818181???) SO !!! JOHN HAS OWNED AND METICULOUSLY CARED FOR THAT SUTPHEN SINCE THEN, I HAVE NOT SEEN IT MY-SELF BUT I AM SURE IT'S AS TIGHT AS A CLAMS A$$ (RIGGING.ENGINEWORK&PAINT) ENJOY THE TIME CAPSULE PICS I HAD RECIEVED FROM JOHN.......HOPE THIS HELPS !!!

BEFORE:

Red Sutphen 30 from Powerboatlistings-scan1_1_0002.jpgRed Sutphen 30 from Powerboatlistings-scan2_1_0004.jpg

AFTER:

Red Sutphen 30 from Powerboatlistings-scan6_1_0012.jpgRed Sutphen 30 from Powerboatlistings-scan9_1_0018.jpg

INFERNO:

Red Sutphen 30 from Powerboatlistings-scan12_1_0023.jpg
Old 06-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

so its got hatches but it doesnt look like theres any cabin? or at loeast no cabin door?

Its a sweet boat, We all know how I like red sutphen hulls.
The RED drives kill it for me though that would be easily changed.

its got the teak strips on the deck like ours had too, I realy though those added some class to the boat.

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 06-05-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Nice pleasure set up for what looks like an old race boat.
The price seems fair if it's nice. I like mne better for the same $
Old 06-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Registered

CrashBox thanks for the great info. Lucky strike don't think i haven't noticed your boat it is beautiful. seems like a really fun setup. I'm just not buying until i finish up my mba. Probably get something for next summer.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered

Looks like somebody when a little wild with the red paint. Even the kplates are red. It wouldn't be my first choice but i could live with it.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by fitler
I'm just not buying until i finish up my mba.summer.
Probably one of the smartest things I have heard on OSO in a long time. Keep up the good work.

A good education is very important these days.

Plenty of time ahead of you to buy a boat.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered

Thanks. I would like to be able to afford whatever boat i have after i buy it. Got some experience with this from blowing up every component of my parents 24 searay when i got out of college (I was running it hard at LOTO on very busy weekends). But i did the same with my first turbo car. U learn to fix and use things properly and u end up having a better experience. This forum has opened my eyes to driving techniques and proper use but i have a feeling what ever offshore boat i get will probably have issues.

Thanks

Last edited by fitler; 06-05-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Registered

I have to say Ive had very relaible sutphens and low ownership costs. If you do it right and respect the parts you can keep them relaible.

The biggest issue I have had is lower units on OB's I think I have the problem licked after several years of research.LOL

I also keep my boat on the trailer near the launch for very little money which helps out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.