Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sutphen
38" Dominator >

38" Dominator

Notices

38" Dominator

Old 06-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that boat really well, It was the brochure boat from what the owner tells me, It is a painted hull and I think it had a black stripe originally and its got purple and red now. At first glance I thought that was the brochure pisture but its not thats john running the boat and it does looke like its a newer picture, (damn I phone) It was also one of Kenny mischs' boats and at one time had very big power as I remember.

It has a purple and red sutphen on it, and it has a small area of damage to the right side where it got into a piling at claudios not a big spot but its there, the owner is a mechanic and works on it as needed. Its got little issues like the silent choice doesnt work because a rod hangs up on the through hull area.(super simple fix)

It has twin 502s that seem fairly stock and reliable to me, had a bad manifold last season and was repaired and it went out after that for a few runs to LI, so it all seems to be fixed and running fine last I saw it.

Needs to be cleaned up in the bilge area, but everything for the most part works and it goes out often. It was kept next to our boats for years and has been used on a regular basis, the interior was redone recently and I really like how it was done, the seating has a ton of cushion in it and is comfortable as hell. (id have mine doen by the same guy)

The trailer was pretty nice as I remember, It was one of my top 3 or 4 boats I was looking at when I bought mine and for the Money IMO you cannot go wrong with this boat.

If your looking for a super clean original boat its probably not for you( sea2jet would not have been a good match) LOL
But if your not afraid to live with some minor flaws and put in some elbow grease for a lower "buy in" to the sport this is a great ride!

Last edited by 30ctsutphen; 06-13-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure looks like John's boat to me too. Jeff covered it pretty well. About the only thing I'd add is that it has TRS drives and overall the boat seemed mechanically sound last time I saw it. It's not a "10" by any means, but it's a solid boat that can likely be bought for a decent price (< BIN $). It is a great riding boat, I was super impressed with the ride when I was on it years ago.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone have a number to call, if it's still John's?
I had his number when the boat was nextdoor to OP, but it has been misplaced.
I have tomorrow free, and would like to go take a look.
If the owner is viewing this, call me 203 687 6688.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-15-2011, 07:57 AM
Registered

Christian,

I believe John still owns it, at least he did last fall. I'd try contacting him through the ebay listing if I were you...
Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SS930
Christian,

I believe John still owns it, at least he did last fall. I'd try contacting him through the ebay listing if I were you...
I tried that like 8 times, and i keep getting one error message after another...ebay is kind of pissing me off....
Old 06-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
I tried that like 8 times, and i keep getting one error message after another...ebay is kind of pissing me off....
Try Roy Gagne .... The guy in the lot next to OP.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope Roy is the front only need to call Greg fiorelli frets outboard service he owns the back lot where John kept that boat
860 227 2154
Old 06-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

tx guys..got through on ebay...waiting to hear
c
Old 06-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WhOa ... Good Luck ...
Old 06-16-2011, 07:41 AM
Registered

GL Christian! It's a lot of boat for the money and I suspect there's room to work with the $.

Quick Reply: 38" Dominator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.