Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Sutphen (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen-64/)
-   -   Looking for a 30' race o.p. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/sutphen/291294-looking-30-race-o-p.html)

Crash-Box 02-08-2013 11:51 AM

Looking for a 30' race o.p.

Hey fellas,

After watching wade restore 3 sutphen's... Geeeez
I said to myself "self" I need to get busy looking ! Lol

a 30 race is on my bucket "wish" list, and will give it a couple of months of an all out search. Then if nothing should turn up , I'll change my search criteria to a pleasure version . I just need to get back into a sutphen and boating again. I work to g.d. Much !!! Grrr

So with that said, i am looking for my o.s.o. Brudda's
to giving me a helping hand searching. I'm looking to have purchased and or be on the water for my 50 th b-day in July . I had to set a goal for myself so that their are no lam excuses, like I'm to busy working lol.....

I appreciate your help and thank you all in advance.

Jimmy

wstultz 02-09-2013 08:28 PM

That's 3 Sutphen redos. The 26 wasn't a total retro but engines and engine compartment got a face lift.:lolhit:. I may have a line on an o.p. there are rumors of a guy around here that has a hull but I don't know if it is a race or pleasure version. I will dig around and see if I can go look at it. It may be a shot in the dark but worth looking into.

lucky strike 02-10-2013 04:54 PM

Crash-Box

Call Richie and ask him if he will build you a new 30' hull, deck & stringers.
Then rig your own boat the way you want it.

Crash-Box 02-11-2013 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by wstultz (Post 3864502)
That's 3 Sutphen redos. The 26 wasn't a total retro but engines and engine compartment got a face lift.:lolhit:. I may have a line on an o.p. there are rumors of a guy around here that has a hull but I don't know if it is a race or pleasure version. I will dig around and see if I can go look at it. It may be a shot in the dark but worth looking into.

Awesome Wade Thanks ! It would be funny if this O.P. turns out to be my old one , which was last reported to be in the Dallas area.
Really the 26' should make it 2.5 Sutphens :party-smiley-004: but in your case I'll give you the 3.0 score. At this rate, you could be the next Sutphen dealer :bunnydance:

Originally Posted by lucky strike (Post 3864815)
Crash-Box

Call Richie and ask him if he will build you a new 30' hull, deck & stringers.
Then rig your own boat the way you want it.

L.S. Great Sutphen minds think alike LOL ... Spent some time with Rich Sr. on a 34' build. We dubbed it the "Tsunami II / Staggered" build, structurally modeled after Tsunami with the exception of the engine placement. Priced Her with the "Ilmor/Indy", "Merc/its", "Cobra/Arneson", and finally "H.P.Dejure/big shaft #4's". Nonetheless , with a conservative estimate I came up with a cost of almost 180 K to build.
As much as I would like to pull the trigger and carry a bank note,the current economical times are holding me back. Will see what the next couple of years bring, in the mean time a good ole classic will do for now. Like the O.P.'s tho "Round-Backs".

Boxer 02-11-2013 07:54 AM

Rich Sr. has a new 31 ,set up for twins, that can be bought right. A couple of 600 hp LS engines/Brovo drives should run deep into the 90's. It will be a 2013 boat. I have the same hull, with a single blown 572 that runs in the mid 90's. The light weight of the LS engines/brovo drives will give the boat terrific balance.

Ernie

OL40SVX 02-11-2013 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Boxer (Post 3865097)
Rich Sr. has a new 31 ,set up for twins, that can be bought right. A couple of 600 hp LS engines/Brovo drives should run deep into the 90's. It will be a 2013 boat. I have the same hull, with a single blown 572 that runs in the mid 90's. The light weight of the LS engines/brovo drives will give the boat terrific balance.

Ernie

It's the right color!

Crash-Box 02-11-2013 08:48 AM

For me ... No ...

floatingphil 02-12-2013 01:10 PM

Didn't the red 30 pleasure hull that was for sale here last year have a race type dash in it? Could be wrong but for some reason I thought the gauges went right across.

Crash-Box 02-12-2013 01:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sutphil (Post 3865953)
didn't the red 30 pleasure hull that was for sale here last year have a race type dash in it? Could be wrong but for some reason i thought the gauges went right across.

Hey Sutphil,

Which one are you referring to ?

This one.... both pic's same boat.

Attachment 493642Attachment 493643

or this one ...

Attachment 493644

dba900 02-12-2013 01:27 PM

We've got an old OP and it's a project, but it's not a race model. If by chance you want more info let me know.