Looking for a 30' race o.p.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for a 30' race o.p.

Hey fellas,

After watching wade restore 3 sutphen's... Geeeez
I said to myself "self" I need to get busy looking ! Lol

a 30 race is on my bucket "wish" list, and will give it a couple of months of an all out search. Then if nothing should turn up , I'll change my search criteria to a pleasure version . I just need to get back into a sutphen and boating again. I work to g.d. Much !!! Grrr

So with that said, i am looking for my o.s.o. Brudda's
to giving me a helping hand searching. I'm looking to have purchased and or be on the water for my 50 th b-day in July . I had to set a goal for myself so that their are no lam excuses, like I'm to busy working lol.....

I appreciate your help and thank you all in advance.

Jimmy

Last edited by SpeedGirl; 02-11-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

That's 3 Sutphen redos. The 26 wasn't a total retro but engines and engine compartment got a face lift.. I may have a line on an o.p. there are rumors of a guy around here that has a hull but I don't know if it is a race or pleasure version. I will dig around and see if I can go look at it. It may be a shot in the dark but worth looking into.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Crash-Box

Call Richie and ask him if he will build you a new 30' hull, deck & stringers.
Then rig your own boat the way you want it.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wstultz
That's 3 Sutphen redos. The 26 wasn't a total retro but engines and engine compartment got a face lift.. I may have a line on an o.p. there are rumors of a guy around here that has a hull but I don't know if it is a race or pleasure version. I will dig around and see if I can go look at it. It may be a shot in the dark but worth looking into.
Awesome Wade Thanks ! It would be funny if this O.P. turns out to be my old one , which was last reported to be in the Dallas area.
Really the 26' should make it 2.5 Sutphens but in your case I'll give you the 3.0 score. At this rate, you could be the next Sutphen dealer

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Crash-Box

Call Richie and ask him if he will build you a new 30' hull, deck & stringers.
Then rig your own boat the way you want it.
L.S. Great Sutphen minds think alike LOL ... Spent some time with Rich Sr. on a 34' build. We dubbed it the "Tsunami II / Staggered" build, structurally modeled after Tsunami with the exception of the engine placement. Priced Her with the "Ilmor/Indy", "Merc/its", "Cobra/Arneson", and finally "H.P.Dejure/big shaft #4's". Nonetheless , with a conservative estimate I came up with a cost of almost 180 K to build.
As much as I would like to pull the trigger and carry a bank note,the current economical times are holding me back. Will see what the next couple of years bring, in the mean time a good ole classic will do for now. Like the O.P.'s tho "Round-Backs".
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rich Sr. has a new 31 ,set up for twins, that can be bought right. A couple of 600 hp LS engines/Brovo drives should run deep into the 90's. It will be a 2013 boat. I have the same hull, with a single blown 572 that runs in the mid 90's. The light weight of the LS engines/brovo drives will give the boat terrific balance.

Ernie
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxer
Rich Sr. has a new 31 ,set up for twins, that can be bought right. A couple of 600 hp LS engines/Brovo drives should run deep into the 90's. It will be a 2013 boat. I have the same hull, with a single blown 572 that runs in the mid 90's. The light weight of the LS engines/brovo drives will give the boat terrific balance.

Ernie
It's the right color!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
red32.pdf (770.4 KB, 254 views)
Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Registered

For me ... No ...
Old 02-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 98 Likes on 47 Posts

Didn't the red 30 pleasure hull that was for sale here last year have a race type dash in it? Could be wrong but for some reason I thought the gauges went right across.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphil
didn't the red 30 pleasure hull that was for sale here last year have a race type dash in it? Could be wrong but for some reason i thought the gauges went right across.
Hey Sutphil,

Which one are you referring to ?

This one.... both pic's same boat.

Name:  RED SUTPHEN.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  12.9 KBName:  RED SUTPHEN 2.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  12.3 KB

or this one ...

red transom 3-8-11.pdf
Old 02-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've got an old OP and it's a project, but it's not a race model. If by chance you want more info let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.