First tsunami

Notices

First tsunami

Old 08-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First tsunami

With the tsunami thread. Thought everyone would think the first one was cool as well.......[ATTACH=CONFIG]505457[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails First tsunami-image.jpg  
Old 08-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool
Old 08-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Registered

I did read somthing about my boat tsunami being the second one. but whats with the other name on the side.the boat is very much the same .very interesting thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Registered

The 1st Tsunami was the old Endangered Species. It was a 1988 33 flat deck. We bought the bare hull and trailer and rigged it to run in B class. We first raced it in Atlantic City in June 1993 with speedmaster #4's mounted directly on the transom. That race was very rough and we ended up breaking one of the engine stringers. The stringer was replaced, re rigged it with extender boxes and we continued to race it for the remainder of the season. That boat ended up winning the 1993 World Championships in Cape Coral FL. The current Tsunami was built in the winter of 1994, the old hull was stripped and all of the hardware was rigged into the new hull.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RFCB
The 1st Tsunami was the old Endangered Species. It was a 1988 33 flat deck. We bought the bare hull and trailer and rigged it to run in B class. We first raced it in Atlantic City in June 1993 with speedmaster #4's mounted directly on the transom. That race was very rough and we ended up breaking one of the engine stringers. The stringer was replaced, re rigged it with extender boxes and we continued to race it for the remainder of the season. That boat ended up winning the 1993 World Championships in Cape Coral FL. The current Tsunami was built in the winter of 1994, the old hull was stripped and all of the hardware was rigged into the new hull.
thanks alot for that info .we are having a blast with tsunami .new 725 hp blower motors run great .cant run boat to much more than mid 90 s with drives but boat runs great and will never change name or color ect ect will put different drives on this winter .
Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

we got a bunch more pics of first one and redo when i get a chance to scan pics i will post it was runnin a lil over 100 when we sold it. it went to New York i would love to know where it is now.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lernin-t-fly
we got a bunch more pics of first one and redo when i get a chance to scan pics i will post it was runnin a lil over 100 when we sold it. it went to New York i would love to know where it is now.
So the boat was stripped after it ran racing at end of 1993 then done over again and you ended up with it. and yes it would be interesting to find out were it is what power did you have and what it has now thanks
Old 08-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RFCB
The 1st Tsunami was the old Endangered Species. It was a 1988 33 flat deck. We bought the bare hull and trailer and rigged it to run in B class. We first raced it in Atlantic City in June 1993 with speedmaster #4's mounted directly on the transom. That race was very rough and we ended up breaking one of the engine stringers. The stringer was replaced, re rigged it with extender boxes and we continued to race it for the remainder of the season. That boat ended up winning the 1993 World Championships in Cape Coral FL. The current Tsunami was built in the winter of 1994, the old hull was stripped and all of the was rigged into the new hull.
we are now really enjoying that boat our top speed so far was96.8 but we ran into trouble two times out with those drives we are now running 32 s yesterday really got down the trim and tabs and dialed it in we ran for four hours or all day at 71 at 4000 88 at 5000 we just need to take it easy with those 725 s peaple love that that thing always a camcord or something in there hand we will maybe get new drives next year but i love the boat do not have to run it wide to be 90 no problem nice feel

Last edited by pinball; 08-18-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

No other brand handles & rides like a sutphen. When my boat had the 550 hp engines in it it ran 93. The aero made it handle a lot better than at lower speeds. It seemed to flatten out. Ran like it was on rails.