26' Sutphen

Notices

26' Sutphen

Old 08-06-2002, 10:42 AM
KN
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26' Sutphen

Does anyone have some good pictures of a 26' Sutphen they could send me or e-mail me? I will make copies and send the pictures back. How does this hull handle and ride compaired to other boats in this size range, my guess is better because of the fact it has no steps, pads and its dead rise is more than any other boat i've seen (26 degrees, is this correct)
Also I'v seen this boat with twin i/o's, twin outboards, and a single i/o, how does it perform with each set up? Which one is the best. I prefer a single i/o, just looking for some information, thanks

Kirk
Old 08-09-2002, 01:49 PM
Registered

Default Boxer

Boxer is a 26' that runs in APBA...fast boat...single I/O...see the link for checkoredflag photography in the racers forums..they have some shots from Ft.Myers earlier this year...

Old 08-09-2002, 05:43 PM
bmf

I have some photos of both boxer boats on trailers at Sutphens place in fla. Will try to send them next week.

Old 08-10-2002, 11:03 AM
KN
Registered

Thanks for the replies, bmf if you get a chance to send those photo's, tht would be great, thanks again.

Kirk
Old 08-10-2002, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did a poker run on Boxer about three weeks ago. Boat runs well into the 90's and is very stable. The boat handles rough water very well and is built like a tank....Matt
Old 08-10-2002, 10:58 PM
bmf

Thumbs up poker run

Which boat did you do the poker run with P4-61 or does he still have F1-50 ?????? Fobes I agree the boat is built like a tank but a lot lighter, that is why the F2 was handicapped and had to add .weight to the boat, but was allowed to run extension boxes due to not having any steps pads etc.

Old 08-11-2002, 06:48 PM
Registered

bmf: I was in the P4-61, it has a blown 509" motor and I don't recall what kind of prop we ran. The thing about the boat was how well it handled the rough water, and I mean rough, and how stable it was at speed. The hull designis old school, no pads or steps just 26 degree deadrise
Old 08-11-2002, 07:09 PM
bmf

Thumbs up

I have a photo of the motor with that monster blower. the other boat (f1-50 has a extension box/stelling) just wondered what ever happened to it. Spoke to doug lewis couple years ago about it. Lewis was part of team sutphen when they set the kilo record. I have to agree about the handling a buddy of mine takes my boat up to 80 and then take his hands off the wheel to show how straight it tracks while i head to the porta potti. Only met E. D./boxer once at sutphens place hope he is doing well.

Old 08-12-2002, 09:10 PM
Registered

BMF: spoke with E.D. about a week and a half ago and he's good. Can you post some pics of your rig? I just sold a 20' Sutphen with a big block and TRS, would love to eventually get a 26'....Matt
Old 08-12-2002, 10:04 PM
bmf

Default fobes

fobes as soon as i figure out how to scan and post pics!!! mine is a 31 ft dont know if you are interested in pics i still owe kn pics of boxer and its motor.

Quick Reply: 26' Sutphen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.