Notices

Sutphen

Old 02-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Buster: I will fax the article when I get back to work next week, its in my office and I'm on vaca. I live down in Winthrop, would like to check out your rigs some time if that works for you. Bob, I looked at a red 20 like you describe a couple of years ago, the boat was kept up in Newburyport MA if I remember right, it was called the "Diamond Cutter" as the owner was in the concrete cutting business. A few years later the boat appeared in my town for some repairs at a local marina and it appeared to be in tough shape. It was painted and I think re-powered and just as recently as last year was advertised in the Auto Hunter for sale for something like 12G's. The boat is now white with some sort of graphics. I may have some pics of it when I originally looked at it to purchase, I will try to find and post. I remember it having Gil dry exhaust and was loud...Matt
Old 02-11-2003, 09:28 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

That sounds like the boat. I sold it is 86 and it was garage kept till then. I had heard it was stolen and recovered without the motor shortly after selling to dealer. Anything you come up with would be appreciated. Thx, Bob
Old 02-12-2003, 06:46 AM
buster

Ya, No problem, Let me know sometime when you have free time.
Actually I do recall talking to Diamond cutter a few times at the beach years ago but......? That was a cool little boat.

Old 02-12-2003, 07:58 AM
Registered

Sounds good Buster, I'll get you that test next week...Bob, I will try to find those pics...Matt
Old 02-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey matt...
here's a little summer teaser...same pic as before, but the sutphen photos are few and far between...i'll send a couple of others later...some mine, and some not...
...chris
Attached Thumbnails Sutphen-bpict3.gif  
Old 02-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

or try this one, it's an outboard twin from guilford, ct...
Attached Thumbnails Sutphen-thimblesut.jpg  
Old 02-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

or, maybe an awesome 39 for sale in south-eastern, ct..?
Attached Thumbnails Sutphen-madisonsut.jpg  
Old 02-13-2003, 06:52 AM
Registered

Christian: nice, like the color scheme on yours. That 39 looks nice also, what kind of power does it have? Do you have one of Jesse's bikes? Thanks for the pics...Matt
Old 05-03-2003, 09:52 AM
Cobra147

Matt, Congrats on the baby! Your old Sutphen is still in the same condition, although I did buy a new bilge pump and blower and will be re-wiring it. We took it out for a ride last year and some smoke from behind the dash. The blower seized which caused the smoke. I haven't really had any time to work on it, and then all the damn snow on the cover cracked the windshield. We will probably do the gimble bearing and seal this summer and I also plan on re-doing the engine hood. That one looks like the crisper bin of a refrigerator flipped over and put on the back of the boat. Between the Cobra, and the twins, and my wife is due in a month, I don't really have too much free time.

Old 05-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 34 Sutphen

Check our pristine 34 in the classifieds. Open to reasonable offers. It is not our race boat.

Quick Reply: Sutphen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.