Notices

28 Saber hull

Old 09-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 28 Saber hull

Here's what I got. A 1988 28 Saber hull ready for your power. The hull has a new HP transom assembly. New 280 K planes. New Livorsi gauges w/GPS. New cockpit interior in carbon fiber vinyl w/electric dropout bolsters. New cockpit carpet. New hydraulic helm and hydraulic lines w/Latham full hydraulic steering. Latham controls w/trim in handle. Mechenical indicators for tabs and drive. New cables for trim tab indicators, throttle & shift. 3 new pumps for tabs & drive. Fully finished cuddy interior. Also comes with a Bravo 1drive. Only thing needed is your motor!

Here is a link to all the work done to this hull over the winter http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...-28-saber.html

Basically like all my other projects it's time to move on. It was bought at a good price and will be sold at one.

$19,000.....call John at 856-275-6423
Attached Thumbnails 28 Saber hull-saber-051-large-.jpg   28 Saber hull-saber-055-large-.jpg   28 Saber hull-saber-053-large-.jpg  

28 Saber hull-23mg3t.jpg  

Last edited by jdub; 09-09-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

If it was set up for twins I would take you up on it. I had there very first boat with a single. The boat was a lot of fun and handled well. I ran low 70's with a rather mild built 502.
They are an extremely well built boat and very solid. Good luck with your sale. I'll pass this on to my Dad who may be interested.
John
Old 09-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered

Thanks John

They are built very well. This is hull #2
Old 09-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WISH i COULD DO IT NICE HULL,still out on comp, anyone looking for a boat the parts in this boat sell for more than its listed for and theres plenty of nice motors from 6 grand up in the class-motors. good luck I hope I am off soon it was going to be july but they didn't want to cover my knees.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Why are you spliting it up like that?? I would think it would be easier to sell with a motor, any motor..
Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

I got my eye on a hull I want to put my motor and drive in. If someone wants it with a motor I will sell the HP500 with it.

If the Saber doesn't sell soon I'll go ahead with plan B over this winter. Which is a Imco extension box with 3" rise. And new paint. Which only means after next season the price will be higher
Old 09-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FunHome
Why are you spliting it up like that?? I would think it would be easier to sell with a motor, any motor..
i can see your point however with that type of boat it might almost be easier to sell given that it is a single screw and somebody can taylor their own power plant. i would love to have another one. as you know they are a spectacular boat. i use to live about 1/2 a mile from them down state and frequented their often. I was really upset to hear what happen to them.

what is the boat worth with a 502 or 540 in it. i sold my 87 about 8 yrs ago with a mild upgrade 502 for 28k if i remember right. i do understand what you are saying though. might be a case dammed if you do dammed if you don't. with all the good guy parts on this boat a 454 wouldn't do it any justice. he may just want to move on with out spending any more money and or perhaps for the right price could offer it either way. a year ago i probably would have jumped all over this .
Old 09-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn
i can see your point however with that type of boat it might almost be easier to sell given that it is a single screw and somebody can taylor their own power plant. i would love to have another one. as you know they are a spectacular boat. i use to live about 1/2 a mile from them down state and frequented their often. I was really upset to hear what happen to them.

what is the boat worth with a 502 or 540 in it. i sold my 87 about 8 yrs ago with a mild upgrade 502 for 28k if i remember right. i do understand what you are saying though. might be a case dammed if you do dammed if you don't. with all the good guy parts on this boat a 454 wouldn't do it any justice. he may just want to move on with out spending any more money and or perhaps for the right price could offer it either way. a year ago i probably would have jumped all over this .
I was thinking with most "used" boat sales that the motor is always the big question, or weak link, when trying to sell a boat. At least when I'm the buyer it always is. With practically all the rigging brand new on this boat I figured it would be attractive for someone with thier own power. Now it being a older hull is also a concern for some. But I encourage anyone to try and find one stress crack or wet spot in this hull.

Last edited by jdub; 09-11-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Registered

The age of that hull knowing the superior workmanship Saber puts into their boats I wouldn't even concern myself with it what so ever. Your buyer will more than likely be someone who has knowledge of this particular boat (Saber). The 87 I had I think was probably like an 85 however was not titled until 87. That boat was run hard by more than just me. I am extremely hard on boats and enjoy putting them to the test and I will honestly say when I sold mine it had no signs of stress cracks either. I even get excited talking about it only because I believe so much in them. The only sound you hear in this boat is the sound of cutting water. It is an extremely sound, solid hull. One of the beauties of these boats is that they are glassed and through bolted together (hull & deck). The re-entry is awesome also. No matter how or what way you come out of the water this boat always finds a quick stable entry. The only other boat I have ran in that I enjoyed and had as much fun in is my V-28 Challenger. The two had a very similar feel and quality to them.

If anyone has any questions as to the performance and quality of this boat feel free to PM me.

John
Old 09-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to say I really love this boat. Been running through my head how to come up with $19,000.

If I sold my Python and a classic car I`ve got, I could swing it.

Anyone need a 24' Python with 502, new paint, new interior and super sound system ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.