Konrad ACE X-Factor drive >

Konrad ACE X-Factor drive

Notices

Konrad ACE X-Factor drive

Old 09-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Konrad ACE X-Factor drive

This is a brand new unit that has never seen water. It is the same as the ACE but with the Konrad gimble. This drive is a special 2" shorty(X-factor) and will handle up to 800 hp. I have decided to go with a 1200 hp motor for my project, so this will not work. This is a very stong outdrive and is used by our military. The unit retails for $18,000.00 and now I'll take $12,500.00. Konrad is sold out of these units and will not be available for a year but parts are available in stock.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stan Pike
This is a brand new unit that has never seen water. It is the same as the ACE but with the Konrad gimble. This drive is a special 2" shorty(X-factor) and will handle up to 800 hp. I have decided to go with a 1200 hp motor for my project, so this will not work. This is a very stong outdrive and is used by our military. The unit retails for $18,000.00 and now I'll take $12,500.00. Konrad is sold out of these units and will not be available for a year but parts are available in stock.
You should really lower the horse power rating to 600 that way you don't mislead potential buyers . I don't know you but not using that drive on your build was probably the smartest thing you've done in years . Good luck with your sale ! They are pretty drives !

Last edited by OCCJoe; 09-30-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Registered

Joe..Why don't you call Konrad as the drive is rated to 800 hp !!!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive been running two behind my 750 pfaff motors and are performing flawlessly . just for the record . i feel pfaff buils a very strong engine . so thats my side of the story ... dyno sheets available upon request . 572 builds 800 ft pounds of tourque if im not mistaking ,, i might be a little off ..
Old 09-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

the military uses the konrad 520 not even close to an ace x factor with a -2 lower lol
Old 09-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Joe..Why don't you call Konrad as the drive is rated to 800 hp !!!
Stan I wasn't trying to bash your sale , and they can say it's rated for what ever they want . But the truth is every one they've sold on single engine boats has broke or had some problems . They do seem to hold up better on twins but there are five OSO members that had them on singles and they all broke with low hours . If Konrad didn't mislead their customers I wouldn't crusade against them .
The sad truth is they have a $18K drive that isn't even as good as a TRS/speedmaster . They could stand behind them if they would drop their HP rating to 600 and the price to 10K . but for 14K you could get a IMCO SCX that will handle 800HP .
And the reason they don't have any more is they are not going to build anymore because they know their not holding up .

And everyone hears the same story : send us your drive and we will fix it for $4-5K and then when they have it in their possession the bill jumps to $9600 . Over and Over . Just search Konrad on here or you can even Google it and the amount of stories are overwhelming
Old 10-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered

Joe .. Sorry to hear this as I know Kurt and he said he had alot of high powered boats using them with no problems. Again I don't need this sitting in the shop . I would drop it to 10 k ,which is a steal .
Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Registered

Joe, I don't know where you got your info, but Konrad will stand behind every unit they sell and then some ... My friend has had his for 4 seasons and has not had a bit of trouble. I raced for Mercury and they also had problem. I owned the first 300 hp outboards that were built by them and they fell off my raceboat. I know the people at Konrad and they will do everything possible to correct something thats not right. Sorry you have a bad taste for Konrad. If I had only 700-800 hp it would be on my boat ,but with a 572 ci 5 liter Whipple it would not be fair to put this on and then blame Konrad...
Old 10-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

At $10K you will really be helping someone out that mounted a Konrad on their boat and needs a replacement .. That is a great deal . I spent $12K getting rid of mine . But my opinion is Konrad needs to stay out of the high performance market in till they make their drives hold up under the ratings that they have them listed at .

Right out of Kurt's mouth : http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-you-seen.html

And find one owner of a Konrad that says they stood behind the product when it broke !
Old 10-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts