2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More >

2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More

Notices

2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More

Old 07-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More

The hull is still intact but will be parted out or sold in whatever level of stuff anyone wants it with. I will list everything that is left.

First the 2 454/420's. These are absolutely beautiful. Great for an old school resto or just upgrade to roller motors with more power than your old 330's/365's. I bought these from a Merc full service marina. The owner of the marina had expressed that he had upgraded a clients Cigarette in the 90's and that these motors were so perfect that he bought them too keep as spares for his own boat but never needed them. They were indoored stored since his aquisition and oiled. He said they had approximately 60 registered hours. Based on the condition and leakdown I did when I recieved them, I have NO reason to believe otherwise. In January of 2012 he had his Merc tech replace every piece of rubber for me, ie: all secondary gaskets, every hose and belt. He also changed the oil and plugs. They are as nice as the pics if not better. There is absolutely ) rust and they are original and never been apart or touched up. They are complete except for starters. Bell housing to water pumps, alternators and breather to oil pan and including the Gil exhaust I will entertain offers with or with out the exhaust. If I can't load all the pics you can find them in the other two threads mentioned. I really believe that you'd be hard pressed to find comparable BB's that are ready to plug and play that are nicer than these. I would like $9500.

1-502 now a 509. Built 3 years ago. Oiled , primed and never fired. Spark plugs installed and intake and exhaust ports covered. Built by a reputable engine shop in So. NJ. New forged pistons, new main and rod bearings (think both std). Re conditioned /re-bushed rods. Original compression. Balanced rotating assembly. Block was originally a heat exchanger cooled motor. It was hot tanked, magnafluxed and line bore checked. All oil holes chamfered, oil pick up tack welded for security. Builder would not build it with any sub standard parts, all quality. Heads are new Pro Comp 320cc, castings cleaned and de-burred. Hardened seats, severe duty 1 piece valves, iconnel exhaust. Hd double valve springs, stainless full roller rockers, dart adj guide plates. Yes I didn't buy high dollar heads but I previously had great luck with the same set 300 hrs problem free. I spent $4800 just in parts and assembly of the short block + the heads parts and assembly. I am opened to any reasonable offer. Stock dual plane intake.

I am driving to FL on August 15'th. I am taking the old 502 to a guy in FL so I don't know if I have room for another engine but I'd consider any of the smaller stuff for delivery anywhere around I95 from Philly-Miami.

2- sand blasted TRS drives with little pitting that would look great painted and with the addition of the "stupid expensive" OEM decal kit that I have. Came off a Konrad upgrade and well maintained.
2- Cosmetically ugly but worked well TRS Drives.
2- Borgwarner Velvet drive 72c's both rebuilt although the one I just had done to the tune of $800 sat on my shop floor in water during Sandy. That said; a 55 gal drum of oil also spilled out so it was well oiled water, LOL.
4-Gil dry pipes. All welds original and intact
1-Hydraulic steering from helm to transom. Newer install in the 2000's and worked flawlessly
1-Ritchie Compass
2-rebuilt by TNT in Miami, gimbals that I have close to $2000 invested. Very nice and zinc primed
2 gimbals that are on the transom. Need cleaning up, little play but worked fine.
1 set of crane gold roller rockers, no locks.
1 set 280 k planes and pumps
1 new OEM from Mer Racing TRS decal set complete for twins

Although the TRS stuff is getting harder and More expensive, I am a reasonable person so I may accept any "reasonable "offer. Same goes for the motors so just don't insult me.
Attached Thumbnails 2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-1.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-mirage11.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-mirage8.jpg  

2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-mirage-1.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-mirage6.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-mirage5.jpg  

2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-rockers.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-oem-trs-decal-set.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-rebuilt-gimbals-1.jpg  

2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-rebuiltgimbals-2.jpg  
Old 07-30-2014, 08:58 AM
Registered

Default Motors

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527028[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527029[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527030[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527031[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527033[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527034[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527035[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527036[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527037[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-2.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-3.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-4.jpg  

2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-5.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-10.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-9.jpg  

2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-8.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-11.jpg   2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-13.jpg  

2 PERFECT drop in Merc 420's TRS stuff and More-420-14.jpg  
Old 07-31-2014, 09:14 AM
Registered

Ttt
Old 08-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Registered

interested in the compass any strainers ? 860-916-1946 send pics and $. Thanks Steve
Old 08-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Registered

I have had a ton of inquiries asking if i'd separate them. I would prefer to sell as a pair but i will sell separate. With or with out exhaust. $4000 a piece w/o exhaust but complete otherwise. $5000 a piece with exhaust. They are palated and ready to be shipped. Please text me with any inquiries.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Are the green trs transoms any slop in the pin's ect.Are they for sale if so how much.Thanks JOHN SR
Old 08-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Registered

John, they are perfect. They were rebuilt by TNT in Miami. I purchase them from another OSO member when I wanted to restore the Mirage and the ones on the boat were ugly beyond making perfect. When I bought them he had them painted, nicely but with anti-fouling paint because he planned to leave his in the water. My self, I was the opposite. Always high and dry and prefer originality so I had them soda blasted and painted them with the zinc primer that you see. They've never been mounted since rebuilt. 0 play! self etching primer and some Imron and they'll look new. I have close to $2000 into them and realize I won't get $2000 for them. I will give anyone that buys them the $345 TRS O.E.M decal kit that I posted also (probably the only putz on the planet that bought the kit) I'm all about reasonable. Make me a fair offer for you that is fair for me. Just as a heads up, I paid $245 pallate shipped when I bought them. I am driving to Miami the 15th of this month so would be pleased to deliver them close to I-95.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 08-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Price for steering?
Old 08-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Registered

Great motors, 454's sold and paid for.
Fresh gimbals gone
No exhaust left
No carbs cams or intakes
Hull and trailer sold
1 set of drives gone
Steering and other drives ...deposit and committed
Rockers sold
1 502 sold. Other I'm keeping

Misc stuff still available. I'll start a new post tomorrow.

Thank you OSO!!