Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Her waist is way to big!
Old 12-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Iam sorry I hear what you are saying but,,
the founder of OSO (Steve) started and built this site and then sold it to IB for a nice profit,,I know he would reinvest the money back by supporting poker runs and such but,thats how you make your business grow and add value to it at the same time, the paying members and advertisers is what made the site worth the money and the seller benefit by it,,,if it wasnt about the money maybe he still be running it...and I dont blame him one bit,its called business and business transactions happen everyday,but to blame IB I think is wrong.

I know I will get a lot of $hit for saying this but hey,,,
Like was said, Jeffrey Cheng started OSO as a hobby. When it was turned into a full blown message board, 300 members contributed $$$ to buy a new server and became Charter Members.

Steve bought OSO from Jeffrey sometime around 2004ish I think, and turned OSO more into a business, but still kept the roots of the site alive and well.

IB appoached Steve and purchased OSO. For the most part, IB is petty hands off as to the daily operations of the forums on OSO.

OSO is not the same as it was 10 years ago, but neither is anything else in this world and OSO is still the best boating site on the net.

Last edited by Griff; 12-24-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by motor
Paying 25-75 bucks for a yearly membership doesn't compare real well with half million dollar boats ...M.O.
While we all want 500k dollar boats, the reality is that most of the boats here are much closer to the 50k range,,,,,,
Old 12-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Why do they let people who do not want to pay to join OSO advertise on this forum.It should be blocked.IMO
Shouldn't be able to sell to non paying members also.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Like was said, Jeffrey Cheng started OSO as a hobby. When it was turned into a full blown message board, 300 members contributed $$$ to buy a new server and became Charter Members.

Steve bought OSO from Jeffrey sometime around 2004ish I think, and turned OSO more into a business, but still kept the roots of the site alive and well.

IB appoached Steve and purchased OSO. For the most part, IB is petty hands off as to the daily operations of the forums on OSO.

OSO is not the same as it was 10 years ago, but neither is anything else in this world and OSO is still the best boating site on the net.

pretty much what I said,,OSO has always been a for profit business,,Jeffrey sold the business to Steve and years later Steve sold the business (OSO) to IB,,
so I dont buy into the the BS that certain people dont support the site because IB now owns it,,what difference does that make?it has always been a business to someone,,a profit making business...as it should be...

I also believe you have the right to choose if you want to support the site or not,,both members should be allowed to come on here and enjoy what OSO has to offer,,I also believe if you support the site you should get some benefits,,one is to sell items on the site,,if you choose not to support OSO selling or trying to advertise your item is a benefit you should not have...
Old 12-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be a more equal playing field if OSO would pay for insurance, repairs and make our payments too.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My point
Old 12-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

any registered member should be able to buy... would be nice if the seller had to be a paying member though.. kinds makes supporting the site a requirement, there are a lot of people selling from here that don't put 2 cents into OSO either in for of classified adds or membership dues... Just sayin