Engine Compartment Mounted Water Hose Hookup System

Notices

Engine Compartment Mounted Water Hose Hookup System

Old 12-10-2016, 02:27 PM
RJA
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Compartment Mounted Water Hose Hookup System

Any recommendations for purchasing a kit to allow water hose hookups, in the engine compartment for, trailer starting? I have speedmaster drives so muffs don't work.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:00 PM
Registered

I had kits and took them off. My pick ups are on the transom so I have a short hose that's cut off and I just shove it in the pick up. Works fine. Before you start the engine most of the water spills out onto the ground but once you start the engine it sucks 95% of it up with very little leakage. I didn't like putting city water pressure on the engine before its started, kind of felt like it was over pressurizing things unnecessarily. Hope this helps.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went into the top of the sea water strainer with a garden hose quick disconnect. I use the plastic kind. Costs maybe $20.00 for both. When you start up the motors it just sucks all the water in. In 5 mins. I can have both motors flushed or winterized. You can easily make up a 2 valve system, one to shut of the sea water intake and the other to open or shut the fresh water flush but that can get a little pricey. I think it's a little overkill. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:46 PM
Registered

I use the Perko flush pro kit on my main fresh water supply. I used clear hose from Home Depot and ends to run under the decking in my engine compartment to the filler. Add Quick release hose ends from Harbor Freight to my "pocket hose"(I keep on board WITH shut off valve) and the filler piece and for $125 I start and flush my motor with full control. To winterize I just add a $20 DC pump and basic gravity fill kit with 5 Gals of anti-freeze after warming up the engine(opens the thermostat). The shut off of the pocket hose keeps the city pressure problem away. Clean and convenient, I am in salt water so I flush EVERY day out...
Old 12-26-2016, 08:52 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Complete kits, here is the Deluxe model - http://www.diamondperformanceparts.c...cat=313&page=1
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price