Notices

SBC Headers

Old 01-02-2019, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SBC Headers

My loss is your gain! I ordered 2 sets of lightning headers (lightningheaders.com). They are for small block Chevy and fresh water version and designed to handle high lift cam without reversion (dry to tip). I went with the silver finish. These headers cost $2,490 and they are BRAND NEW. Never been on motors other than a test fit (never started). I'm going to sell ONE SET. Make me an offer. Tail pipes not included.

I can provide any required exact dimensions upon request.

Why am I selling? Sad story... they fit perfect in a test fit
until I got my new motors built. New motors have AFR heads with .250" raised exhaust ports. This change made the middle headers touch on my application. I'm going to have Lightning make me a new set a little more narrow.

Last edited by ttrm007; 01-02-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Clarifications - 1 set of headers for sale
Old 01-03-2019, 11:54 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

No breathers in the valve covers? Where does the crank case vent ?
Old 01-10-2019, 03:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First what are you asking for these? Second I may need some measurements, I'd be looking to see how tall they are at the highest point of the bend, I guess where the individual pipes come into the collector.. So maybe from one of the center mounting holes to the top of the pipes? I'd be looking to run these on a 24 Pantera. Third, how do you like those new engines? What are they? I was looking to have White Racing Engines build me a 406 or 427 sbc for my boat.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
No breathers in the valve covers? Where does the crank case vent ?
valve covers have breather holes. Just have tape on them now before they fire.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DjMikeyC
First what are you asking for these? Second I may need some measurements, I'd be looking to see how tall they are at the highest point of the bend, I guess where the individual pipes come into the collector.. So maybe from one of the center mounting holes to the top of the pipes? I'd be looking to run these on a 24 Pantera. Third, how do you like those new engines? What are they? I was looking to have White Racing Engines build me a 406 or 427 sbc for my boat.
Im considering offers. They cost 2500 (or more) and are new. I know I can’t get that but hoping someone who wants a good setup for sbc’s with big cams can benefit. I am considering cutting them up and re-working but we would both be better off if I can sell!

I can can get whatever measurements you need next time I get there. Hoping this weekend.

As far as motors, I love the parts they use and the Dyno numbers are amazing. 652hp from 427s. They blew me away on Dyno. You can watch runs of same setup on YouTube. I also love that they have a proven combo and can produce same results again and again.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:49 PM
Registered

took a picture to give height measurement. They are a little over 12” from stud to highest point.

Header height
Old 01-23-2019, 06:58 PM
Registered

More measurements/details are available.
Old 01-28-2019, 01:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry didn't get the notice you replied... I have to climb in there and take a measurement, first I have to find it under all this snow!!! And we are getting 12 more inches tomorrow!!!
Old 01-28-2019, 07:34 PM
Registered

Sorry didn't get the notice you replied... I have to climb in there and take a measurement, first I have to find it under all this snow!!! And we are getting 12 more inches tomorrow!!!
Good luck! Let me know if you need anymore details. I think you would like these a lot (I do enough to buy a third set!)
Old 02-19-2019, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Are there O2 sensor bungs welded into the collectors? Didn't see any in the pics.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.