Notices

12 Meter Fountain

Old 04-17-2024, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by areyouliving
So is the middle stringer in the cabin needing to be replaced? And all the interior in the cabin is out? Just trying to understand.
Did they raise the drive height during the conversion? If so by how much?
How much hp were your 565s making?
The stringer that needs replaced is the one between the forward (Vbirth) and the cockpit on the starboard side. To sum it up what appears to have caused was the 4” holes that were drilled for the seat/couch bolts were never resined and water was trapped up there with nowhere to go. Likely water that came through the pop up cleats. I just removed the carpet on that side and cut out the stringer from bulkhead to bulkhead. Plan was to glass in another stringer and marry new cross stringers to the existing ones and recarpet. The seats and couches were the ugly ones (but very clean) that most all boats had then so was gonna expire all of them and just make vinyl foam padded bottoms and backs for a clean simple look. Just use velcro to mount. Personally I don’t spend anytime in there unless it’s a night anchored so that would be my choice.

The 565’s in the neighborhood of 750+ @ 6k. SR engines with a ton of head work by Valako. The hull was trued and the drives are definitely above stock location with center shaft at approx 2 1/2 - 3” below. They are perfect for the boat. Handles like a dream and comes on plane quickly. I hate seeing so many newer boats taking forever and a day getting on plane!
The following 2 users liked this post by getrdunn:
areyouliving (04-17-2024), Tartilla (04-22-2024)