Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > TN Powerboat Club
MCPA Fun Run 8-4-07 >

MCPA Fun Run 8-4-07

Notices

MCPA Fun Run 8-4-07

Old 07-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the docking at the marina? Are there plenty of slips, or will it be more rafting up?[/QUOTE]

Not sure on the number of slips so there will be rafting up. Its crowded but we always find somewhere for everyone. They have 3 or 4 runs docks and we will be tieing up to those too.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Registered

Default Lake cumberland invasion

Lake Cumberland will be represented, by Unlimited Marine Nordic's, Big Ed , Get Down and a few others. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Tim is there any pre registration ? Will we need to lunch at the Anchor Marina ?

Thanks
John
Unlimited Marine
Old 07-29-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Unlimited
Lake Cumberland will be represented, by Unlimited Marine Nordic's, Big Ed , Get Down and a few others. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Tim is there any pre registration ? Will we need to lunch at the Anchor Marina ?

Thanks
John
Unlimited Marine
Registration forms are on the web site. If you want you can mail it in. We will have open registration Friday night at the Meet & Greet and Sat. morning before lunch.

The easiest place to launch is Rockland Road by the dam. It's the same cove but on the other side from the marina. Leave your truck and trailer at the ramp and idle over.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

Default Friday is open and a question.

I am taking the day off on Friday and I am in town all week for a change - so if help is needed with set up, etc. let me know. Rob should have my email or contact me through my profile on OSO.

I would have to run the under 65MPH class - who typically runs in that class or am I going to be way out-gunned? Maybe, as Kenny would say, I should just put the b-tch in the water and do it! I might be a shoe in for the slow boat award. The alternative is if you need a boat at a stop or other project.

See you all on Friday. I am in the smaller of the two docks across from the Walton Ferry & Curtis Cross Roads boat ramp if any one puts in there. I am home Friday if you see my boat in there. House is right behind the dock if you need anything or a place to tie up for any reason through the weekend.

The Rookie
Old 07-29-2007, 02:01 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rubadub
I would have to run the under 65MPH class - who typically runs in that class or am I going to be way out-gunned? Maybe, as Kenny would say, I should just put the b-tch in the water and do it! I might be a shoe in for the slow boat award.

I will be in the under 65 class for sure. I am not going to be in any hurry since part of the reason for coming is to enjoy the sites of a new area I have not been to.

I was looking on Google maps and there is a boat ramp on Powerplant road just off Rockland road. It looks to be almost across from the marina, is this the place to launch? Looks like a nice ramp from the satellite shot. I am hoping to be at the ramp by 9am Saturday morning.

Looking forward to the run.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by haulinvols
I was looking on Google maps and there is a boat ramp on Powerplant road just off Rockland road. It looks to be almost across from the marina, is this the place to launch?
It is a fairly nice ramp with good parking, and you can't beat it for the convenience of being next to the marina.

See you Sat - looking forward to meeting you.

Regards,

RP

Last edited by rubadub; 07-29-2007 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Gunsmoke FOR SALE
Gold Member

Gunsmoke & crew should be there by noon on Friday
Old 07-30-2007, 05:44 AM
Registered

Rubadub - I'm in the 65 mph and slower class too. You will not be alone. I put in at that ramp as do about 7 or 8 others of us here. Now we know where to find you!!

Haulinvols - That is the ramp to use.

28brave - Looking forward to seeing you here. There are a lot of locals that have never seen your boat. Thanks for making it to our event this year!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rubadub
I am taking the day off on Friday and I am in town all week for a change - so if help is needed with set up, etc. let me know. Rob should have my email or contact me through my profile on OSO.

I would have to run the under 65MPH class - who typically runs in that class or am I going to be way out-gunned? Maybe, as Kenny would say, I should just put the b-tch in the water and do it! I might be a shoe in for the slow boat award. The alternative is if you need a boat at a stop or other project.

See you all on Friday. I am in the smaller of the two docks across from the Walton Ferry & Curtis Cross Roads boat ramp if any one puts in there. I am home Friday if you see my boat in there. House is right behind the dock if you need anything or a place to tie up for any reason through the weekend.

The Rookie
I say put it in and run. You'll be able to make all kinds of money towing in people like me. You could possibly do it on an auction bases since there will no doubt be more than one boat go down!
I'm going to have my son with me so i'll be in the 65 and below class also.
Hope to get to meet all the people I cut up with on this forum.
See ya'll Friday, Ken.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered

Default 65 and under class...lol

Wow looks like i need to get a supercharger on my ride to keep up with all the slow boats...WTF guys i run mine on the carpet to get 65....SANDBAGGERS! LOL

Quick Reply: MCPA Fun Run 8-4-07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.