Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY...

Women are like phones:

They like to be held, talked to, and

touched often.

But push the wrong button and your ass is
disconnected.
In addition to that:

If you want to know who truely loves you. Lock both your wife/girlfriend and your dog in the trunk for fifteen minutes. When you open your trunk see which one is happy to see you.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wstultz
Bring it man. That was just a little "no frills" run. When we have our big poker run in July it will be four times the size. It's a lot of fun. Let one of us know if you would like to join and you can get all the paperwork at www.topps-lakeconroe.com.
I will check the site later tonight from home. Is membership required for participating in the runs? What about any guests on the boat that want in on the fun? I guess I should check the site before asking too many more questions... kinda new to poker runs and this stuff
Old 05-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kfvintx
I will check the site later tonight from home. Is membership required for participating in the runs? What about any guests on the boat that want in on the fun? I guess I should check the site before asking too many more questions... kinda new to poker runs and this stuff
Our club does require you to be a member for events. It is not very difficult but it will take a few event for everyone to meet you and to be voted in. Then the hazing begins!!!!! Just kidding.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wstultz
Our club does require you to be a member for events. It is not very difficult but it will take a few event for everyone to meet you and to be voted in. Then the hazing begins!!!!! Just kidding.

No he is not kidding
Old 05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered

Does the voting in become quicker or does the hazing lighten up any if I buy some hookers... or at least the first round of drinks????
Old 05-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Registered

Well one round of drinks does not go very far around here. But the hookers sound good!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kfvintx
Does the voting in become quicker or does the hazing lighten up any if I buy some hookers... or at least the first round of drinks????
You sound like you'll fit right in.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Records Show Strip Clubs Ignoring Fee
Texas Requires Strip Clubs Pay $5 Entrance Fee

POSTED: Monday, May 18, 2009

AUSTIN -- About half the strip clubs in Texas aren't paying the state a $5-per-patron entrance fee required under a two-year-old law that was declared unconstitutional and is facing repeal in the Legislature, records show.

The $12.2 million collected last year since the law went into effect is far short of the $50 million expected, the Houston Chronicle reported Sunday.

The state ordered businesses to keep paying while it appeals a ruling that the law amounts to a tax that infringes on customers' civil rights. Records show about 100 clubs have ignored the fee entirely.

The Texas Comptroller's Office is hanging on to the money during the appeal. The law was meant to fund programs assisting victims of sexual assault.

"We are, of course, disappointed," said Annette Burrhus-Clay, executive director of the Texas Association Against Sexual Assault. "But hopefully there will be more resources set aside for the comptroller to actually monitor this in the future."

Democratic state Rep. Ellen Cohen of Houston, author of the bill passed during the 2007 legislative session, said she wasn't surprised that some clubs were ignoring the law, particularly after the court ruling against the measure.

"If they want to wait and see what's going to happen, that's their choice. They may end up having to pay it and penalties -- I don't know," Cohen said. "I do respect those clubs that have stepped up and paid."

Treasures, a large operation in Houston, has paid $700,000, more than any club in the state. Clubs in Houston and San Antonio have paid $4.3 million, or about a third of the state total.

Smaller clubs, however, say they don't want to charge customers at the door because there's so much competition for customers.

"The bottom line is that it would put a club like ours out of business," said Frederick Harris, manager of the Gold Diggers Club in Houston.

Earlier this session, the state Senate sent a measure to Gov. Rick Perry that would have repealed Cohen's bill. But the chamber has since taken the unusual step of reversing that vote to watch what happens with a new Cohen draft in the House.

Cohen has proposed dropping the fee to $3. The competing measure that was headed to Perry's desk, written by Democratic state Rep. Senfronia Thompson of Houston, would apply to adult movie theaters, adult video stores, adult bookstores and other sexually oriented businesses that charge admission fees. It would total 10 percent of gross admissions receipts.

Quick Reply: The B.S. Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.