GPS Coordinates for ICW at Galveston Channel

Notices

GPS Coordinates for ICW at Galveston Channel

Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS Coordinates for ICW at Galveston Channel

Does anyone have the coordinates for the entrance to the ICW along the Galveston Channel. I want to get them loaded into my GPS before Fun Run next week.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your GPS should already have them in there. You should have a find option and the ICW should be marked.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

its a Garmin handheld and not a chart driven one.......
Old 07-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SANLEONKID
its a Garmin handheld and not a chart driven one.......
OK i will see if i can get then off of my unit for you.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If you hit the ferry crossing the ship channel, you've gone too far. If you hit a barge in the ICW, then you're there!

Also, when running the ICW east, you come off a plane and make a right just after the tall radio tower about a mile from the ship channel on the south side of the ICW to get to party location.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by THLWL
If you hit the ferry crossing the ship channel, you've gone too far. If you hit a barge in the ICW, then you're there!

Also, when running the ICW east, you come off a plane and make a right just after the tall radio tower about a mile from the ship channel on the south side of the ICW to get to party location.

Thanks..... I did find on a land map. Did not know it was so close to the entrance off Galveston Bay.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SANLEONKID
Thanks..... I did find on a land map. Did not know it was so close to the entrance off Galveston Bay.
Just look for the tall antenna mast and turn there, not very far in from the entrance to the ditch. You can follow us. Don't try to cut across the east bay, go down the ship channel. When you see the ferry crossing turn left and follow the channel markers into the ICW.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gerrit,

I see you've already changed your logo by your name! I heard you were getting a 42 Beak. Is it here yet? Can't wait to see it. Just how much did you win at the PR (just kidding). The 42 Beak is a great boat. Takes rough and smooth water very well.

Tommy H
Old 07-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by gerritm
Just look for the tall antenna mast and turn there, not very far in from the entrance to the ditch. You can follow us. Don't try to cut across the east bay, go down the ship channel. When you see the ferry crossing turn left and follow the channel markers into the ICW.
Thanks for the offer to folow you in.... I used to fish out in East Bay... waaay to many shallow areas and they change all the time. I hope I can keep up with y'all. Any idea how many will be going on Saturday?
Old 07-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by gerritm
Thanks for the offer to folow you in.... I used to fish out in East Bay... waaay to many shallow areas and they change all the time. I hope I can keep up with y'all. Any idea how many will be going on Saturday?

Quick Reply: GPS Coordinates for ICW at Galveston Channel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.