Whats with the Clear Lake Area >

Whats with the Clear Lake Area

Notices

Old 11-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the days of the boat up watering hole on the decline?
No more Beach Club, No more Tiki Bar, hope the Turtle Club hangs on. Will the high rise development of Clear Lake spell the end of the affordable Marina, for that matter Marinas in general? Are we all going to be in dry stack in a few years??

Last edited by GCAT911; 11-01-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GCAT911
No more Beach Club, No more Tiki Bar, hope the Turtle Club hangs on. Will the high rise development of Clear Lake spell the end of the affordable Marina, for that matter Marinas in general? Are we all going to be in dry stack in a few years??
seabrook is gone????

Turle club isn't going anywhere i hope
Old 11-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GCAT911
It is not looking too good. From what I understand Endeavour has bought the Beach Club and surrounding apts. I don't know what the master plan is. We hope they put in a couple of boater friendly restaurants. Tiki bar is now or was Barracuda Beach club. I have not been up that way in a while, is it still open? It has changed names 2 or 3 time in the last couple of years. I have heard that Endeavour Marina is going to do a major rebuild of the marina to be more user friendly with docks and dump and a better t-head to break up the waves coming in. It gets rough in there during the weekends. That is the main problem with the Clear Lake area and Galveston Bay. Other than Outriggers, Turtle Club, and Top Water, there are no destinations to boat to. Galveston Harbor is not much. Where else do you go. They screwed up Nassau Bay for rafting. Red Fish island is okay. There are no beaches. I think we will spend more time towing the boat to Destin, Fl.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

inless you have the money Landrys has.....It would be hard not to accept the realestate money being offered.... only a matter of time on Conroe as well
Old 11-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greed driven.

My real estate friends tell me it is " extremely easy to sell waterfront property". So what do enterprising future millionaires who don't give a rats azz about the locals do? They put up a high rise so EVERYBODY GETS A waterfrront view! Brilliant, isn't it? Never mind the ambiance of the past. We all know and love the beach fronts of Miami, Acapulco, and Grand Cayman with their elbow to elbow multistorys and real down home feelings. Crime and Mafia free, these developments are the wave of the future. Embrace it!!! There will be a total of 11 high rises by Endeavor on Clear Lake if they stick to the original plan.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm bored with boating in Clear Lake. The only time i have fun when we go down there is at night at Lances's.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Endeavor 1 is almost complete except marina in front isn't started. Endeavor Parkside is started where old dry storage was. It is geared more toward 1 bedroom sites probably for NASA folks. Endeavor Marker 1 that bought the beach club will be a high rise office building, another high rise condo, restaurants, and botique shopping. Just as you enter the channel going out before Sundance Grill is a twin high rise condo that is already started also. I live on the water down here and for one, I enjoy the high rise stuff. I go to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami every chance we get. I like boating to nice marinas with restaurants, night clubs, etc. and then just ilding back home late at night - beats driving a car. I think Endeavor has a website that shows their developments. They are also starting one across from Moody's on I45 side of Offat's Bayou with 1200 slips. Tommy
Old 11-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by THLWL
Endeavor 1 is almost complete except marina in front isn't started. Endeavor Parkside is started where old dry storage was. It is geared more toward 1 bedroom sites probably for NASA folks. Endeavor Marker 1 that bought the beach club will be a high rise office building, another high rise condo, restaurants, and botique shopping. Just as you enter the channel going out before Sundance Grill is a twin high rise condo that is already started also. I live on the water down here and for one, I enjoy the high rise stuff. I go to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami every chance we get. I like boating to nice marinas with restaurants, night clubs, etc. and then just ilding back home late at night - beats driving a car. I think Endeavor has a website that shows their developments. They are also starting one across from Moody's on I45 side of Offat's Bayou with 1200 slips. Tommy
Tommy how's the boat doing? BTW I'm a rural-lovin' kinda guy...
Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Registered

Topps sent an e-mail today that Barracuda Beach Club is no more. Seabrook Beach club is officially closed, too.

I don't mind the inevitable just so long as it stays somewhat boater friendly.

Last edited by gerritm; 11-04-2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Beak42
Tommy how's the boat doing? BTW I'm a rural-lovin' kinda guy...
Ran with Guy, Frank, and Chris S. (in his new to him 1999 42' Fountain) to Red Fish for the day. Then we ran to Nassau Bay and rafted to Craig E., Mike M. and Dan in their cruisers til late. It was a good day of boating for all. I was impressed by the way the 42 Fountain didn't rock back and fourth with waves hittting it while anchored. Good heavy boat! T

Quick Reply: Whats with the Clear Lake Area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.