Notices

Shelby GT500KR

Old 04-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Shelby GT500KR

My Boss has one. maching #s ect ect he was told 200K plus, tell your buddy, i will bring up 36k Cash tonight
Old 04-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I grew up in Grosse Pointe Mich. At the time there were a lot of auto execs living there. One of my friends bought a factory show car from one of them. It was a red 70 Boss 429 Mustang with Shelby GT 500 hood, front end, and tail grafted on. In addition it had a white Couger interior. He bought it for 2000.00 and drove it for 2 years until things started to go wrong with it . He sold it in 75 for 2000.00. We never had any idea how valuable these car would become. It was a pig to drive around town, got terrible gas milage, but on the open road it was a beast.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get your very own 725 hp, GT 500 super snake from these guys,, they are building elenor's by the hundreds... http://www.uniqueperformance.com/
Old 04-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics !!!!!!!!!!!??????????
Old 04-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd like to see pic.'s as well!!

When ever I hear of a story like this wether its about a Car, Boat or Real Estate. I always think of the seller as the person that really got taken avantage of. I don't care if the seller only wanted "X" amount for the _____ - somebody took them for a ride.

I know....."Buyer and seller, beware" But still!!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
the car is worth hell of alot more that 80K

That is absolutely correct. my father had one and sold it in the mid 1980s. there were only about 900 built and i'd say that car is worth well over 100K

we still have a GT500(white with blue lemans stripes) and it has 70K original miles...we get 80K offers all the time for this car...
Old 04-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sonicdriver
A Shelby GT 500 went for over 500K at the barrett jackson auction this year in Ft. Lauderdale. It was a little differnt than the one your friend owns though.

That was the first GT500E car built by Unique Performance. It was signed by Caroll Shelby and he endorses this company, so that's what made that car desireable. I do not believe that car was an original Shelby...it was a replica built off a donor car.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Registered

I think you guys think this car is worth a little more than it really is. Still a really nice find. This car is in unrestored condition. If Barrett Jackson can get 200k for one, I guess I should buy the two that are advertised at traderonline.com that have been restored and let them sell them, then I could buy me a heck of a nice boat with the profits. One listed has 64k miles and has been restored and he is only asking 99k for it.

I ran across a pretty rough 68 GT350 in a guys back yard a few years ago. The guy won't even talk about selling it and won't do anything with it either. What a waste. Told me he had already turned down a Million Dollars for it.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

go to www.carsinbarns.com you will be very suprised how many are still rotting away out there.

Last edited by Lee; 04-29-2005 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:21 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Alrighty,
The car was purchased in Ithaca NY. Apparently, as the story was told to me, an extremely wealthy (millions) gentleman purchased this car for his son. They were originally planning on restoring the car to 100%. However, it seems as though the son had no interest in partaking in the project whatsoever. As a result the car has been sitting and sitting and........ Since that time ,the young man was given a Ferrari (not sure what model) which he apparently has taken a liking to. I guess thats not saying much for the son's mentality. When Paul inquired about the car the seller told him he would sell the car on one condition - the deal had to be cash. That seemed a bit strange to me but what do I know.
As far as pics are concerned, I did not have my camera with me when I looked at the car. I can tell you that the car is Blue in color and the stripes on the sides of the car are white. The interior is black in color and has a woodgrain dash. Inside the engine compartment there is a Shelby Emblem about half way up the inside quarter panel. I will try to get picks as the car has been "moved" for safe keeping. Remember fella's, I did not post this thread to gain anything accept to share a little info I thought everybody would enjoy.

p.s. A little more info. Paul was notified about this find through a mutual friend. I called him and asked why the hell he didn't give me the tip he said " I didn't think you be interested in a Mustang". $#^%#@&!^!!!!

Quick Reply: Shelby GT500KR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.