Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Which SUV you like...armada/denali/sequiea? >

Which SUV you like...armada/denali/sequiea?

Notices

Which SUV you like...armada/denali/sequiea?

Old 06-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which SUV you like...armada/denali/sequiea?

We been thinking of upgrading the wives grocery getter SUV that tows our 4000 lb boat about 5000 miles per year a. We have looked at the following trucks; Nissan Armada, the Yukon Denali and the Toyota Sequoia. All would be nice upgrade from the Ford Explorer we currently have. I am not in love with the interior fit and finish quality of the Nissan and worry the Toyota lack torque. Is the GM SUV quality good enough, the Explorer is pretty much a POS? If it was going to be mine I would buy a 4 door durimax short bed (I think) , but she does not want to parallel park it so an SUV is the choice.

Thoughts from the power of OSO?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which SUV you like...armada/denali/sequiea?

We have a Denali and love it. Very nice riding truck with outstanding 320 hp/350 + torque power, good JD Powers rating with never a problem and trans has been reliable for the job intended. Regardig fit/ finish. Fit is truck fit, finish is very good, decent domestic truck finish. Interior very durable and plush and quality factory sound system. Had a Wellcraft Nova w/bbc towed without a problem, did not even know it was back there.
Your comp vehicles pics are wonderfull units, world class fit and finish and from what I hear are great people movers and tow well for the weight you stated. I think the Armada has more tow capacity than the Toyota. I have experienced a tow in a Armada of a 9500 lb speedboat 2000 miles with not a problem (but was over tow rating of 9100lbs)

In my opinion, Denali is in a different segment as your comp set, very different vehicles completely. My suggestion is to rent all three at a Enterprise for a weekend each and see what is your preference...then you see how they wear after some hard use.

Don't forget about the new Fords...they are also on a customer satisfaction kick trying to gain market share.

Don't forget to check out edmunds.com for some good comps
Good luck...make it a fun experience in your search.
GoCiggie31
Old 06-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Registered

Thanks, for your input,,,what did your Nova weigh? I am checking into renting the final choices...so far I am having difficulty finding the m to rent. Maybe my local Enterprise suks and I am going to try Tampa Airport location (much larger branch)
Old 06-04-2005, 07:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I presently own 2 Tahoes. My 16 year old now is in one of them and the other is the latest "shop truck" Bought both new, one '96 the other '99. One has 285K on it, the other has 360K. Both have untouched engines with 180 psi compression and virtually no oil consumption. Nothing more than brakes and the usual maintenance stuff. If they get used hard- as mine do, expect 150K between transmission rebuilds. The only thing I have ever done is Mobil 1 synthetic every 10K.

I have a friend with the Nissan and it's a POS. The Toyota seems to be better quality but until the 40,000-plus commercial fleets in this country start adopting vehicles other than GM and Ford, I'm sticking with proven workhorses.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Registered

just get an excursion and get it over with! :
Old 06-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mneal
Thanks, for your input,,,what did your Nova weigh? I am checking into renting the final choices...so far I am having difficulty finding the m to rent. Maybe my local Enterprise suks and I am going to try Tampa Airport location (much larger branch)

I believe loaded usually with 1/2 fuel & trail-rite trailer was around 5700 lbs....

You may also try some dealerships that may use above Toys, Nissans as service loaners...just a thought. GM also use to use the 24 test drive...but be carefull they are skilled at closing...make sure you get a feel for all ...there are great choices out there...
mwdill...I agree...Excursion are GREAT...large but Great people movers and good towers for the big heavy loads-
Don't forget about Fords on the shopping list
Something else to remember...choose a product that has a convenient service dept (good CSI and people friendly) don't just shop the product...but shop the dlr...if you will tow much you may need there support...and spending 50 large you may need their help if you encounter weird tech/electrical problems
Enjoy...all world products that are all good.
GoCiggie31
Old 06-04-2005, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by mwdill
just get an excursion and get it over with! :

That's what repalced the Tahoe!

What used to be a white-knuckle trip is now a walk in the park.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

denali
Old 06-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Registered

If those are the only choices Denali.
I like the sequoia's We sell alot of them but They don't tow great. I'm Driving A 05 ESCALADE RIGHT NOW AND iT'S NOT WORTTH HALF WHAT THEY COST.I think my old Tahoe was a better built truck soo, I don't know about a new Denali but the 00-02 are awsome.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

I have 5.3, 02 Z71Tahoe comes stock with 3.73 posi, 4 wheel discs, heavy duty roof rack, skid plates, and decent Tow package.
in a relatively flat area its great, but if you live in the mountains or hills
a 6.0, 496 or Duramax would be nice.

Quick Reply: Which SUV you like...armada/denali/sequiea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.