Notices

My New Rhino!!!

Old 10-24-2005, 02:48 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My New Rhino!!!

Got the 29.5" Outlaws for the 800 Bomb. Didn't have to make any mods, at 6psi there is no clearnce problems. Highlifter sent the wrong center caps. Still waiting on front and rear bumpers as well as the winch.

13" ground clearance, same as my Grizzly. Only diff is that the Bomb will still pull bad as* wheelies with the big wheels.
Attached Thumbnails My New Rhino!!!-p1000299a.jpg   My New Rhino!!!-p1000298a.jpg   My New Rhino!!!-p1000297a.jpg  

Old 10-24-2005, 03:02 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Thunderusone, looking forward to the pics and report on how the Bomb did.

Had a big night at the local racetrack Saturday, One of our Modified lite's got wadded up and so we spent all day Sunday trying to get it straightened out. (instead of 4-wheeling or even boating) Fortunately the other one won

Pics are 800 bomb, my 2006 2500hd 4x4, race car #55
Attached Thumbnails My New Rhino!!!-p1000295a.jpg   My New Rhino!!!-p1000301a.jpg   My New Rhino!!!-p1000291a.jpg  

Old 10-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those 29.5's are the shizzle!!!! I saw 4 bikes with them up there and they looked mean! How do they ride?? I had a set of vampires a few years ago and they rode like chit. Here is a pic of my buddy Bruce's 650 Rincon bored and stroked...28" ITPs, 2 inch lift and stainless exhaust. The guy with the bomb was a no show. Here is another pic of the 800 poloroid. If I was buying a new one, I would be hard pressed not to get a 750 brute force kawi. It carried the front end with 27's stock, no rubbing and fenders covered the tires...stayed pretty clean.
Attached Thumbnails My New Rhino!!!-bruces-650-oso.jpg   My New Rhino!!!-eric-allison-oso.jpg   My New Rhino!!!-john-debbie-oso.jpg  

Old 10-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Wobble, I missed the mud bog competition....I know a couple of 800 bombs were competing. I saw a lot of highly modified utility bikes...the grizzlys on 29.5's had snorkels and were burning race gas. Some of our crew got lost and I was up looking for them until after dark so I missed the bog. The rhino performed unbelievably well. Me and the misses, went everywhere in it....we had to wait for people sometimes and led our group on the run. I could not be happier with it. I also had over 100#'s of ice, drinks, sandwich meat, tools, and tire repair stuff. I climbed a couple of hills that a lot of 4x4 4 wheelers could not get up. I put 74 miles on it saturday. Left to ride at daylight and put it on the truck at 10:30 saturday night. I passed a couple of stockers going down the mountain at 58mph...they were running 39mph....I wish I had a pic of the look on thier face. When they got down to where I was parked they wanted to know what I did?? I told them it was stock. You can't see the grizzley clutch and the CDI, looks just like the stock one. I told them I adjusted the valves a little different and that must be where the additional 19MPH came from. They were looking like WTF???
Attached Thumbnails My New Rhino!!!-loading-truck-oso.jpg  
Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Those 29.5's are the shizzle!!!! I saw 4 bikes with them up there and they looked mean! How do they ride?? I had a set of vampires a few years ago and they rode like chit. Here is a pic of my buddy Bruce's 650 Rincon bored and stroked...28" ITPs, 2 inch lift and stainless exhaust. The guy with the bomb was a no show. Here is another pic of the 800 poloroid. If I was buying a new one, I would be hard pressed not to get a 750 brute force kawi. It carried the front end with 27's stock, no rubbing and fenders covered the tires...stayed pretty clean.
Outlaws are the tire to beat in mud as far as I have seen. They made the steering heavier, but both the Grizzly and the Bomb start out with light steering anyway so it's not too much of a chore. We put some on a Rincon last year and it was a bit*h to steer.

Most of our riding is mud or swamp and you don't want to be out there without outlaws and a winch or two.

On a hard surface the Outlaws wobble up to about 25 mph then it's a pretty smooth ride.

Before buying a 750 Brute, you should definetly ride the 800 Bomb. It is lighter and more nimble IMO. The only thing I don't care for is the single brake lever. If I was to buy one, I would have to have left lever for all brakes and right for front only as the Grizzly does. I am sure someone will soon make a kit to do that.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Wobble, I missed the mud bog competition....I know a couple of 800 bombs were competing. I saw a lot of highly modified utility bikes...the grizzlys on 29.5's had snorkels and were burning race gas. Some of our crew got lost and I was up looking for them until after dark so I missed the bog. The rhino performed unbelievably well. Me and the misses, went everywhere in it....we had to wait for people sometimes and led our group on the run. I could not be happier with it. I also had over 100#'s of ice, drinks, sandwich meat, tools, and tire repair stuff. I climbed a couple of hills that a lot of 4x4 4 wheelers could not get up. I put 74 miles on it saturday. Left to ride at daylight and put it on the truck at 10:30 saturday night. I passed a couple of stockers going down the mountain at 58mph...they were running 39mph....I wish I had a pic of the look on thier face. When they got down to where I was parked they wanted to know what I did?? I told them it was stock. You can't see the grizzley clutch and the CDI, looks just like the stock one. I told them I adjusted the valves a little different and that must be where the additional 19MPH came from. They were looking like WTF???
58MPH That is smoking for a Rhino. My 660 Grizzly won't run that fast, I think. Speedo not working. The 28 Outlaws don't help either.

It sounds like you had a great weekend. There are about 20-30 neighbours and friends that ride in the 5 mile square area around our neighborhood every Sunday from late October thru March.

I can't believe I waited so long to move out of the city. Between boating, Bikes and ATV's there is never a dull weekend out here.

Last edited by Wobble; 10-25-2005 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

thunderusone,
With the picture of your rhino in the bed of your truck, you answered a question I had!! I can't believe it fit!! AWESOME!! Now I really want one!!

When I do you got to set me up on the mods you did!!!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Talking Re: My New Rhino!!!

No problem, I have an excel spreadsheet with all mods and cost. To haul it you need a long wheel base truck with 7.5' arched aluminum ramps with a minimum capacity of 750#'s each. Also I took a 6x6 post and a 4x4 post to make a ramp beside the wheelwells. I will take a pic and post it for you. I laid the 6x6 by the wheelwell and marked it with a sharpie and cut it with a chainsaw to match the wheelwell. Then I sat a 4x4 on the 6x6 that I cut and marked it with a sharpie and sawed it at the same angle. Then I screwed them together with the dewalt and they are heavy enuff that they don't move on the rubber bed mat. With stock tires on the rhino, it tries to go between the wheel wells skinning the wheels and the bed. This way it drives up over it. When I went to the aftermarket tires, I thought I would not need them ...it is now 2 inches wider than stock. But, the low tire pressure 7#'s, still stried to squezz between the wheelwells. With the ramps I made, it pops right over and you dont have to worry about being dead center. I hate to go on and on about the Rhino, but it is the coolest thing I have had in a long time! I could not be more pleased with it!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, don't worry about going on, and on to me!! I love to hear about them!! I really want one!! Just with the wife and kids I have to plan a little for things like this!! I'm going to keep my eyes open for the incentives and such!!

The fact that it fits into the bed of a truck is AWESOME!! I have a truck very simular to yours, mine is a 1998 Chevy Crew Cab Long Bed Dually...... Did you have to leave the tailgate down or was that just for the picture??? I can't believe it wanted to go inbetween the wheel wells, thats cool!! I guess they are narrower than I thought!!

I've never tried to fit my dad's eze-go in the bed of my truck, because I doubt it would make it up that much of an incline..... We usually haul it around on one of those small tilt bed trailers. I'll try and snap some pic.'s this weekend!!
Old 10-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I left the tailgate down, but the weight is on the bed. I left 2 inches between the winch and the front of the bed as a fudge factor.

Quick Reply: My New Rhino!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.