Notices

GM 2006 Camper Mirrors

Old 11-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GM 2006 Camper Mirrors

Originally Posted by Wobble
True John, but if you bought the Ford you would still just have a Ford Besides, picking the pieces is what makes it your truck.

The new Duramax with six speed Allison is the Shizzle

In manual mode you can select your passing gear, let the boost build and it's instant acceleration No waiting for the tranny to decide which gear you need.
I hear you...I did the chrome escalade handles on my 2004 red crew.....I went with the denali (all white) handles on my 2005 crew.. I am sitting in the service dept right now waiting on my truck....water pump went out at 7K miles??? Right after I bought the 2005...they announced the new 6 speed and LBZ.....I can tell you I liked the LB7 motor alot better than the lly. I have the edge w/attitude 4 inch exhaust, AFE Progard cold air, fingerstick, EGR blockoff, and It still does not run as good as my 2004 with the same stuff.....the 05 surgers alot and runs hotter EGT's.....about 150 to 200 degress on the pyro. I just about have that worked out though. I like the mirrors....when I get through pouting about spending money on crap that shoud have came on it, I will probably get the mirrors.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

BTW the Camper mirror shown on http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessoriesjsp/home.jsp is not the same thing, that is the manual mirror and is plain ugly IMO
I have a set of these manual ones if someone is interested I would let them go cheep. I also have the original GM radio and speakers. It's the one that self adjusts. also have a-arms (front) as mine is lowered. i also did the chrome handles with painted to match cups.
Attached Thumbnails GM 2006 Camper Mirrors-lake-champlain-141.jpg  

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 11-25-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you chevy guys give me the creeps.... smell funny too...
Old 11-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered

Wobble, this is good timing for this thread as I was just thinking about installing the new mirrors yesterday.

I have an 05 identical to yours with the power camper extend. Any issues with my conversion? What did you convert from?

Thanks, Wally.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cbgenrl
Wobble, this is good timing for this thread as I was just thinking about installing the new mirrors yesterday.

I have an 05 identical to yours with the power camper extend. Any issues with my conversion? What did you convert from?

Thanks, Wally.
i have the same do the new ones power out and in like the 04 camper mirrors do . i hate the ones i have they have the worst blind spot i have ever seen i had a 01 with the standered power mirrors and i liked them better so i would be intrested in the new ones if they do everything like the ones i have thanks
Old 11-26-2005, 09:00 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cbgenrl

Thanks, Wally.
Hi Wally,

Go to www.RV.net and search the tow vehicle section for gm camper style mirrors. From what I gather there, there are no issues converting the 05 electic mirrors to the new style.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:06 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I hear you...I did the chrome escalade handles on my 2004 red crew.....I went with the denali (all white) handles on my 2005 crew.. I am sitting in the service dept right now waiting on my truck....water pump went out at 7K miles??? Right after I bought the 2005...they announced the new 6 speed and LBZ.....I can tell you I liked the LB7 motor alot better than the lly. I have the edge w/attitude 4 inch exhaust, AFE Progard cold air, fingerstick, EGR blockoff, and It still does not run as good as my 2004 with the same stuff.....the 05 surgers alot and runs hotter EGT's.....about 150 to 200 degress on the pyro. I just about have that worked out though. I like the mirrors....when I get through pouting about spending money on crap that shoud have came on it, I will probably get the mirrors.
John,

What was the build date of your LLY? They completely revamped the LLY starting with June 05 build date. As far as I can tell it is the same as the LBZ just different programming.

Does your airfilter have a sock on it? I read somewhere that a hopped up duramax will suck grit right thru a kn type filter at high boost and sandblast the turbo blades.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:34 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

nachodog

you oso settings wont allow me to e-mail you back. Post #7 has the part numbers for the mirrors and where to order them.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member

John,

What was the build date of your LLY? They completely revamped the LLY starting with June 05 build date. As far as I can tell it is the same as the LBZ just different programming.

Does your airfilter have a sock on it? I read somewhere that a hopped up duramax will suck grit right thru a kn type filter at high boost and sandblast the turbo blades.
Mark, I have an AFE stage 2 intake and filter....AFE is the only one that filters down to oem levels. DO NOT put a K&N or Mac on a duramax if you plan on keeping it. I dont know what my build date is...I will have to check. If you want any diesel go fast stuff, I am a distributor for MBRP, Edge...etc...and I will give you the buddy hook up. I have already busted the allison with 6K miles on it.....5th gear is toast.....it did not like the edge and predator stacked!! Ran like a raped ape until 5th gave up though!!
Old 12-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Mark, I just checked my build date....03/05. I have a brand new predator programmer in the box for the LLY duramax 04.5 to 05 for $275.00 if you know anybody that wants one. The pred is a great programmer with real time data acquisition....just don't stack it with the juice if you have a stock tranny!

Quick Reply: GM 2006 Camper Mirrors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.