Notices

Pintle Hitch

Old 04-14-2006, 05:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Pintle Hitch

Originally Posted by birdog
Wow !.....Your boat rolling took your truck over with it {several times} ?.....Man, I bet that filled your shorts !!
Thank God that you lived.
this was with a ball ?...I would have thought that would break apart before the truck was rolled.
Stories like that make you think long & hard about what we are doing !
Some idiot fell asleep on the interstate, went across the median on a curve and hit my TG broadside right at the front axle. The boat pulled the back end of the truck around and the whole thing went off the road and rolled down a hill about 100 feet. The hitch eventually tore off the ball- when, I'm not certain. I forgot to look back.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just looking at pintle hitches on boat trailers there are lots of skaters with pintle hitches I see.....but the rigs pulling them are nothing....and worst yet the hitch assemblies on the trucks look wimpy compared to the whole operation....I like it when the hitch is sagging from prior abuse and stress....and they still pile a 500g machine on back maybe this is not the truck that was pulling the boat.....but you can see slightly where the hitch is stressed a tad....more garbage that should be adressed....but it will not be....and the peeps will say...its ok.....honestly would you like this hook up towing that rig....I always have to beef everything like way more that that...there is to much stress out on the ends of those hitches....to far from main support......click pic
Attached Thumbnails Pintle Hitch-c0eu2382_j2.jpg  
Old 04-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

You're gonna get screwed anyway if you have an incident as that junk stock GM receiver is your "weak link" and not rated to tow the weight you're looking at. Those hitches fail miserably. Do a little investigation on the RV forums, and the first thing you'll do is throw that stock hitch in the dumpster!

Putnam XDR
Reese TowBeast

check the weight-carrying rating of these two.
I have the XDR.

remember, weight distribution set-ups can hinder proper surge brake performance.

Last edited by Rippem; 04-15-2006 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
You're gonna get screwed anyway if you have an incident as that junk stock GM receiver is your "weak link" and not rated to tow the weight you're looking at. Those hitches fail miserably. Do a little investigation on the RV forums, and the first thing you'll do is throw that stock hitch in the dumpster!

Putnam XDR
Reese TowBeast

check the weight-carrying rating of these two.
I have the XDR.

remember, weight distribution set-ups can hinder proper surge brake performance.
It astonishes me that manufacturers will deliver a vehicle with a 10K plus tow rating and a 4K rated hitch.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That one is rated at 12000 lbs. I checked the rating to make sure I did not need to change the reciever.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Registered

Rippem,

You are right. I just rechecked the reciever. Its 12000 WD hitch. I cant tell the standard weight but it is definetly under 10K. i will call around locally and get one with the proper weight.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pulled off my factory hitch on my Chev/dualy,7500 lbs!!!10,000 wd,,,,,,,,what a joke!
Old 04-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

good move to replace it with a real hitch.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Registered

I ordered the XDR
Old 04-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Byrdman
I was just looking at pintle hitches on boat trailers there are lots of skaters with pintle hitches I see.....but the rigs pulling them are nothing....and worst yet the hitch assemblies on the trucks look wimpy compared to the whole operation....I like it when the hitch is sagging from prior abuse and stress....and they still pile a 500g machine on back maybe this is not the truck that was pulling the boat.....but you can see slightly where the hitch is stressed a tad....more garbage that should be adressed....but it will not be....and the peeps will say...its ok.....honestly would you like this hook up towing that rig....I always have to beef everything like way more that that...there is to much stress out on the ends of those hitches....to far from main support......click pic

TOM I just hooked my boat up to my Dodge3500 dually.
It straighten the leafs and flatend the helpers.
This Skaters got the Pintle hitch I got that same receaver.
Its a joke! No engines and drives puts the Tonge weight
thru the roof. Forget it I would not even attempt it.
I went and got the Ten wheeler mack to bring it to the gas station.

Im gonna grab a Single axle Pete or a w900 KW.

Quick Reply: Pintle Hitch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.