Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
382 from Texas to San Diego 06 F350/Techsun >

382 from Texas to San Diego 06 F350/Techsun

Notices

382 from Texas to San Diego 06 F350/Techsun

Old 05-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 382 from Texas to San Diego 06 F350/Techsun

I picked up my new boat this weekend from Darryl Moore Marine(another "story" post in formula). I could not believe how well it towed back. My 06 F350 Powerstroke Crew was awsome, 12.5 mpg 75 mph most of the way, steer with my knee part of the time. I had a new Techsun trailer built for the boat. I think the trailer geometry had somthing to do with it also the flex vs. the weight. I almost considered a goosneck. I had my concerns about a "Bumperpull" that big. I have towed big boats on steel trailers to Cabo and it is all white knuckel. This powerstroke came up the Grade on the 8 from the desert to san diego at 60+ towing 11,000. It sounded like it was a jet but did not blow up.Yeaaaaa
Old 06-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 382 from Texas to San Diego 06 F350/Techsun

Originally Posted by 382 newbie
I picked up my new boat this weekend from Darryl Moore Marine(another "story" post in formula). I could not believe how well it towed back. My 06 F350 Powerstroke Crew was awsome, 12.5 mpg 75 mph most of the way, steer with my knee part of the time. I had a new Techsun trailer built for the boat. I think the trailer geometry had somthing to do with it also the flex vs. the weight. I almost considered a goosneck. I had my concerns about a "Bumperpull" that big. I have towed big boats on steel trailers to Cabo and it is all white knuckel. This powerstroke came up the Grade on the 8 from the desert to san diego at 60+ towing 11,000. It sounded like it was a jet but did not blow up.Yeaaaaa
How do you like the Techsun trailer??
Old 06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Registered

Its seems great. I like the bolted crossmembers. The trailer will flex but not crack as with other aluminum welded trailers. The bunk supports are welded to the crossmembers so there is little hardware in this area. I am impressed with the way it pulls as I said. I have never had electric over hydraulic brakes on a boat trailer wow. always had surge brakes..halfway to cabo they usually need to be adjusted or trashed and replaced. These discs should be way better!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 382 newbie
WoW,
Thats great, if by "grade" your talking your talking about going up those mountians as you go through cali on I-10 (i think its still 1-10 into cali), but those suckers are steep both going up and scary as heck going down,,,I love the turn off you a/c signs and overheat areas all the way up, I think at the top they should have a sign saying you made it ,, now turn off your car and coast the rest of the way down, hehe. did you get nervous anticipating that grade the whole way? I know I would be pretty tense, but I have alot of trust in my f350 as well.