Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Who has towed 12K lb+ with a Suburban 2500 with Quadrasteer? >

Who has towed 12K lb+ with a Suburban 2500 with Quadrasteer?

Notices

Who has towed 12K lb+ with a Suburban 2500 with Quadrasteer?

Old 06-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Who has towed 12K lb+ with a Suburban 2500 with Quadrasteer?

well....it will be like i said there...looking for a hole...if ya can deal with that then..ok...get a weight distribution hitch....another one of my fake the driver out items....but it will help....as long as you remember it is making you seem better than you are...which makes you drive faster..
Old 06-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

well...now after many trucks...and mistakes...i got a 4500 4x4
Attached Thumbnails Who has towed 12K lb+ with a Suburban 2500 with Quadrasteer?-dscn2610-large-.jpg  
Old 06-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

even this truck gives you false b.s. with the tag stating 26gcvw......pleeeeeze...that truck would be looking for a hole at that weight on the hook....including the truck....big joke
Old 06-11-2006, 12:06 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice truck, but it won't fit in NYC parking garages! Looks like it would tow an M-1 tank despite the label. <gg>
Old 06-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Registered

all these wanna be truck drivers on some of these threads make me laugh.. its not the nice easy load, or the boat and the trailer that is set up perfectly.. its the load that makes your legs go numb when you stop , or make a turn, or when some asshat gets in front of you then decides to stop short.. a good truck, will handle what its not supposed to, and do what its not rated to do.. that is what makes a truck, not when it pulls an rv trailer faster than any other... some of these guys need to wake up....
Old 06-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CBR
Nice truck, but it won't fit in NYC parking garages! Looks like it would tow an M-1 tank despite the label. <gg>

my friends ex gets the job done when the boat is on the trailer right.. its a pleasure to drive if all is well.. his boat is light and he trys to not roll with full fuel..
Old 06-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by stecz20
my friends ex gets the job done when the boat is on the trailer right.. its a pleasure to drive if all is well.. his boat is light and he trys to not roll with full fuel..
Please....you must forget I rode with you reets all the way to canada...you sound like everybody else around here...pleasure to drive....when we really needed the breaks...it was nothing more than a total death trap and looking for a hole off the road.....we were not looking for a hole....we went off the road 3 times at 70 in ahole he found...swaying all the way...and you got the balls to say it is a pleasure to drive.....typical for oso trailerville...now tell me i was not there....wheres masher
Old 06-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Byrdman
Please....you must forget I rode with you reets all the way to canada...you sound like everybody else around here...pleasure to drive....when we really needed the breaks...it was nothing more than a total death trap and looking for a hole off the road.....we were not looking for a hole....we went off the road 3 times at 70 in ahole he found...swaying all the way...and you got the balls to say it is a pleasure to drive.....typical for oso trailerville...now tell me i was not there....wheres masher

when you were there it was his first time trailering with the boat, it was not loaded on the trailer right. when the boat is loaded on the trailer right it rides fine, when it not it rides like sh it...

you talk like you have it tough in south jersey.. what have you pulled around with any weight.. must be tough getting around egg harbor... ever take a lowboy through manhattan, i did not think so.. shut up and get to the back of the line where you belong troll.. only thing your pulling out of 609er ville is your pud.....
Old 06-11-2006, 11:15 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I towed with 2500/8.1 gas/6.5 diesels Surbans for probably 15 yrs. Maybe 15+ different units up and down 95, to and from FL. or Carolinas. Pulling anywhere from 6K to 9K lbs. Never a handling/braking problem. From a power standpoint 6.5 was marginal at 9K. Brakes on trailers were always maintained. I believe brake on 2500 Sub is same as 1T. When I moved to 11K package used either CC dually or 1T CC, typically Duramax if available. These also were just fine. What I see going generally is that folks dunking into salt just don't look at the brakes like they should and expect the truck to stop them. Actually should almost be the other way around.

On a quadrasteer....can't help ya.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:59 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Bob, I am assuming the 9K included the weight of the trailer. Here are a bunch of other silly questions if you don't mind.......

What type of hitch did you use (weight distribution?), what type of trailer (dual or tri wheels) and what type of trailer brakes (surge or electric)?

After yet another "trailer professional" horror story with my boat, it seems DIY may truly be the best method. Then I read Dave911, Plumber's Crack trailer tales and some others...

Last edited by CBR; 06-11-2006 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Who has towed 12K lb+ with a Suburban 2500 with Quadrasteer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.