Notices

Compact Tractors?????

Old 07-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Compact Tractors?????

Correct NH owns Case hence CNH and also bought 100% US operations of Kobelco. I dont know much on the AG side but I sell New Holland construction and Kobelco excavators.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Us New Holland dealers gotta stick together - haha!
Old 07-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Fiat owns New Holland and Ferrari. Not bad company!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
the NH and case are built by john deer owend by jd .

Not true. New Holland and Case are buying their tractors from Shinubara. John Deere is buying their engine from Yanmar. I'm not sure if Yanmar is building the subcompact tractor for Deere though. Kubota is by Kubota and some of the small ones may actually be built in the US. I can't recall who was building Massey, but it was another Japanese company. I think it is Iseki. Basically, all of the subcompact tractors out there are built by a Japanese company. I just finished helping my brother in-law purchase his tractor so let me share our research.

Massey-bottom of the pile. 80's round gauges are not even centered in the console. Significant primary engine shake. Violent engine shake when engauging the pto. Noisy mower deck. 80's Loader valve had hydraulic lines vulnerable. Exposed wiring and fuel shut off vulnerable. Rocker pedal speed control caused the leg to be cocked at a strange angle. Dealer had 3 hour tractors (!) with faded paint. Reverse engine design was an advantage in hot weather. I also cut my hand when pulling the dipstick out.

Kubota-A well built machine. Was slightly noiser and rougher than the Deere. Hydraulic lines on the loader were super clean. Speed control was rough. Basically when you lifted off the control lever it would return to neutral too fast and would bounce your head. This was significant enough that we didn't look at the tractor again.

New Holland-Another well built machine. This tractor was pretty good in all catagories, but the autotrac is where it really shined. The biggest disadvantage was a loader that reached out too far when lowered and a undersized 3pt hitch. The NH hitch is truly a limited cat 1. The mower on the NH was the best of all the tractors we looked at. It also had the mower height right on the console which was very handy. By this time we had already looked at all the other tractors and the NH was shining. Until we looked a second time at the...

Deere-This frankly was the best tractor of all of them. Quiet and smooth engine. Very smooth pto engagement. The mower is resonably easy on-off, a bit of a reach for the shaft collar though. This is taken even further on the drive over 20 series mowers. The loader is a engineering work of God. This loader is so incredibly easy to take on and off that it's actually pleasure to do. Try it and then try all the others afterwards and you'll be amazed. The Deere also had butter smooth speed control. You lift off the pedal and the tractor slows gradually so it's not jerky. The pedal are also heel-toe, something nobody else offered. Effort is light enough that you don't need cruise. Although Deere lists it's hitch as being "limited" it has the largest 3pt and the highest pto of all of them. The engine shrouding was the tractors biggest disadvantage. The tractor does offer a independent mower deck lift, something nobody else offers, but I wish they would have taken it a step further by including a solenoid valve to control the cylinder.

Last edited by Cord; 07-24-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:10 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Cord
Not true. New Holland and Case are buying their tractors from Shinubara. John Deere is buying their engine from Yanmar. I'm not sure if Yanmar is building the subcompact tractor for Deere though. Kubota is by Kubota and some of the small ones may actually be built in the US. I can't recall who was building Massey, but it was another Japanese company. I think it is Iseki. Basically, all of the subcompact tractors out there are built by a Japanese company. I just finished helping my brother in-law purchase his tractor so let me share our research.

Massey-bottom of the pile. 80's round gauges are not even centered in the console. Significant primary engine shake. Violent engine shake when engauging the pto. Noisy mower deck. 80's Loader valve had hydraulic lines vulnerable. Exposed wiring and fuel shut off vulnerable. Rocker pedal speed control caused the leg to be cocked at a strange angle. Dealer had 3 hour tractors (!) with faded paint. Reverse engine design was an advantage in hot weather. I also cut my hand when pulling the dipstick out.

Kubota-A well built machine. Was slightly noiser and rougher than the Deere. Hydraulic lines on the loader were super clean. Speed control was rough. Basically when you lifted off the control lever it would return to neutral too fast and would bounce your head. This was significant enough that we didn't look at the tractor again.

New Holland-Another well built machine. This tractor was pretty good in all catagories, but the autotrac is where it really shined. The biggest disadvantage was a loader that reached out too far when lowered and a undersized 3pt hitch. The NH hitch is truly a limited cat 1. The mower on the NH was the best of all the tractors we looked at. It also had the mower height right on the console which was very handy. By this time we had already looked at all the other tractors and the NH was shining. Until we looked a second time at the...

Deere-This frankly was the best tractor of all of them. Quiet and smooth engine. Very smooth pto engagement. The mower is resonably easy on-off, a bit of a reach for the shaft collar though. This is taken even further on the drive over 20 series mowers. The loader is a engineering work of God. This loader is so incredibly easy to take on and off that it's actually pleasure to do. Try it and then try all the others afterwards and you'll be amazed. The Deere also had butter smooth speed control. You lift off the pedal and the tractor slows gradually so it's not jerky. The pedal are also heel-toe, something nobody else offered. Effort is light enough that you don't need cruise. Although Deere lists it's hitch as being "limited" it has the largest 3pt and the highest pto of all of them. The engine shrouding was the tractors biggest disadvantage. The tractor does offer a independent mower deck lift, something nobody else offers, but I wish they would have taken it a step further by including a solenoid valve to control the cylinder.
Absolutely agree on JD implement attachments, excellent.
What HP range were these tractors?

I had also heard that everyone except Kubota builds their compact tractors from imported kits, not that that is necessarily a factor.

I was assuming 21hp on up to 40 still a compact but not a garden tractor size, 23hp and under
Old 07-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

They were all in the 22hp sub-compact range. The bx2210, Massey GC2310 and the Deere 2305 and the NH TZ22DA.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i have a new holland 33d and it is great , i would highly recomend it, also if you know someone that works at ford motor you can get A plan pricing, it saved me hundreds. if your cutting grass get turf tires.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Registered

John Deere was my choice, i have the 40 diesel yanmar, the biggest one they make in this category,overall the tractors great, the only things i dont like is the cooling fan shrouds, you have to monitor temp carefully as they plug up with cutting debris and the only way to clean is to shut off the engine and pull screens, also i bottomed the tractor on a ditch and it pinched and cut the fuel line, i defineatly recomend to re-route it if you purchase one of the 595 series.
i had the lazer z zero turn with a 60" deck before this and i spent half my day yanking it out of something, it seemed it would get stuck in anything
Old 07-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cord

New Holland-Another well built machine. .
You can adjust the speed so it will not return to nautral fast, if you don't it does bounce your head!

Even so the motion is fast for what the main purpose that I have multiple tractors for! Have 160 acres (600 total) that have golden delicious apples that bruise very, very, very easy; so can't have a tractor that may put full bins onto the ground or skid while loading too fast. Hence despite liking the Kubota the most, it's the least effective for my main purpose, bruised apples means less apples packed, translates to less money in my pocket!!!!

Originally Posted by bill63
if you know someone that works at ford motor you can get A plan pricing, it saved me hundreds. if your cutting grass get turf tires.
I'm looking at new holland today, so I'm wondering if being a good Ford credit customer may help out getting a good deal............
Old 07-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

This is what I cut 7 acres of grass here at work with. What a blast! I got rid of the yard guy and instructed my employees to stay off my machine - haha.
Attached Thumbnails Compact Tractors?????-mvc-033s.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.