Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
any car dealers on the board? looking for a 99/00 ford 4x4,crew,psd,srw,shrt box f350 >

any car dealers on the board? looking for a 99/00 ford 4x4,crew,psd,srw,shrt box f350

Notices

any car dealers on the board? looking for a 99/00 ford 4x4,crew,psd,srw,shrt box f350

Old 10-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: any car dealers on the board? looking for a 99/00 ford 4x4,crew,psd,srw,shrt box f350

Call Chip or Mike @ The Mustang Group in Pompano Beach Florida (954) 942- 7108. All they deal in is Ford 250 ,350 pick up trucks, I have bought at least 4 of them for myself and employess from them. Good guys ( not typical used car dealers. Tell them I told you to call and they will do whatever they need to help you out.

Todd Tanner
Old 10-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: any car dealers on the board? looking for a 99/00 ford 4x4,crew,psd,srw,shrt box

Originally Posted by ratman
i prefer not to buy it off ebay, dealer or private party is what i prefer, i was hoping to give some business to a fellow osoer. but thx for the suggestion, rm
While you can definately get totally screwed over on www.ebay.com, www.autotrader.com, and/or www.cars.com ; feel free to shop those sites.

I had both ends of the spectrum, bought a Camaro Convertible for my girlfriend on eBay, but I personally called the dealership in KY selling it, and established a personal relationship with them. The car was a total heap. We ended up selling it as soon as I fixed all the items it needed. I broke even less my transportation costs to go get it. They did not know a thing about the car, they picked it up at auction, and they could have cared less about me or that car.

I bought my F-350 dually from a guy in CT, off of cars.com. This was probably the best buying experience I have had; as the guy was like buying from my brother. We talked for hours over every inch of the truck. I took the train up, and drove the truck back to VA, and I was/am VERY happy.

So my point is, now that we have the Internet, it turns the world into a small place, especially for shopping. Feel free to shop as far and wide as possible; but be sure to establish a personal relationship with the seller, just like he lived 1 mile away. It works. If you can't get that comfort level in the purchase, keep shopping.