Notices

midsize SUV?

Old 10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default midsize SUV?

I need to get a good traveling road worthy SUV for business travel. I currently travel in a 2005 BMW X5 4.4i but some of my customers get jealous and make snide coments...I just don't need it or need to fight it. So I'm looking for something with good gas mileage (would be nice but)...I need good looks, comfort for my 6'5" frame, good stereo and reliability. this will be a 3rd car for us.

So far I am considering:
Jeep Grand Cherokee limited
Toyota 4runner (never owned a Jap car so...)
GMC Envoy (not sure about the looks)
GMC Denali

I'm trying to keep it in the $40k range so if there are any other SUV's I am missing let me know.
Opinions please! Thanks!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: midsize SUV?

from your list i like the denali. My mom has a 01 Yukon, which is surprisingly nice. better mileage then expected (still crap) and held up nice over the years and dint fall apart like my rover and jeep did and still are. I went to the miami auto show last weekend and saw some decent suv. A little above your range, but the new Mercedes GL is available witht he new MB 320 DIESEL. and the touarege is bringing back the V10 TDI. The GL probably has the best mileage for its class (claiming 30 but most likely mid 20's but still awesome for its size) and is very roomy. My diesel liberty averages 24 city/highway but is tight for me at 6'4" so woudlnt be good for anyone taller.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Registered

Thanks Lostin...yeah I have the high end SUV covered with my BMW X5 4.4i. I need something more "normal" that I can drive to customers with and something I can put a lot of miles on. I travel a lot and rent a lot of cars with Dollar or National and I have had the Jeep Grand Cherokee a lot and it's comfortable and in the rental fleet I've had some with 15k miles all beat up and they still ride good. The Denali/Yukon is bigger than the Jeep or Toyota but I like the new styling and the 100k mile warranty I see advertised on TV.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd say the Jeep. I drove a new Limited with the 4.7 and it was a nice rig. The navigation was nice, and it had a good amount of power. Pretty sharp lookin' rig too. Definitely rode better than my '98 Grand Cherokee.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Registered

Honda Pilot,Best bang for the buck,great milage and seats seven!all wheel drive when needed,Not to flashy or fancy,very practical and resale is great!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:08 AM
Registered

My wife drives a Toyota Highlander limited. She has had the following Vehiles in the last 3 years: GMC Envoy, Chevy Trailbrazer, Ford Escape, Jepp Grand Cherokee, and a Jeep Liberty. I am not really into the smaller SUVS but the Toyota has a better ride, and gets better mileage than any of the above. She likes it the best. If it were me I would buy a 07 Tahoe. Hope this helps. BTW she said she would trade you her 06 Highlander for the X5!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
You've got some idiot customers is all I can say.

Buy the Touareg diesel and don't worry you'll fit.

THIS IS IS AN EXCELLENT VEHICLE. Prefer it over the Porsche variant. Its like we can drive a Audi 8 series but opt ted for the VW Pheaton, cause people get jealous, and always look at what you have which can believe it or not queer a deal. The status symbol plus the additional 20k is not as important for basically the same vehicle. To much grief and aggravation in lately in life, why add more to the stress. Just my take on it. Jeff
Old 10-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

hey mike, you might also look at a Pathfinder. I have over 150k on mine and very little work into it (oxygen sensors and rear susp links basically). The driveline is bullet proof and the ride is better than most of the smaller SUVs out there. And I spend 8 hours a day in the car so I have a lot of seat time Chrysler/Jeep quality has improved slightly in the past few years but they still have some fairly serious issues around 50-60 k miles.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:46 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Infiniti Qx56. Stickered 48-52k. Best suv on the market. Comes loaded with gps,back-up cam and alot more standard. Plus 4yr 60k mile warranty. Drive one you will love it. My .02 anyway
Old 10-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered

Good real world info...thanks. I will look at the VW Tourage Diesel, never thought about the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highland either.

Yes I have weird customers. One of my partners that handles the northern midwest bought a Toyota FJ Cruiser. it was only $25k and he gets **** from time to time from customers. They do not know what it cost but it must be the bling factor...basically jealous musicians-music store owners is what I deal with.

Sorry the X5 is not for sale. My wife will drive that for the everyday car instead of the Porsche. Just looking for aan average good reliable nice mid-size SUV.

Quick Reply: midsize SUV?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.