Notices

Duramax ABS Warning

Old 12-01-2006, 04:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Duramax ABS Warning

Does your abs and brake light stay on all the time? First I would check the ft wheel sensors. Remove them and clean the corrosion from the sensor and also the tone wheel. Bruch off any loose rust on the mount area with a wire brush. Spay some carb cleaner on both the sensor and tone wheel. Do not apply to much on the tone wheel. You do not want this to leak into the boot and thin out the grease. See if this works. If it still does it, then you have a faulty brake module. The capacitors inside like to fry. You most likley have a Delphi or Kelsey Hase module. The dealership will want to replace the entire ABS unit at a cost of 1200.00 plus labor. This DOES NOT need to be done. Your module can be rebuilt for half the cost. I can have it done for you if this is the case. You will have to remove it from under the truck and send it to me and I can get it fixed for you.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Registered

Prater,
Was yours covered under warranty? And did they say that the fluid leaked out of your transfer case or wasn't ever there? Is there a fill point or level mark that I can check mine for fluid?

Madkat,
My ABS light only comes on once and awhile. Maybe 1-2 times a month, if that. And both of my front complete hub assemblies have been replaced recently.

Ben
Old 12-01-2006, 06:12 AM
Registered

Prater,
By the way. I like your avatar picture of the shark. Go to my website (www.BenHedrick.com) and then click the link for shark diving and check out my shark diving pics.

Ben
Old 12-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ben, I wa going to coment on your shark pics. I took that pic in the Coral Sea at Holmes Reef. I have a few more pics at this site http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/F...olmesreef.html

MadKat,

It was not my ABS system. I had warning lights all over the place. It was the check engine along with the ABS and parking brake and buzzer all going off at the same time. my truck would also shift to second and not shift to any other gears. The font shaft was warped and caused the fluid to be thrown out of the case. It ws not under warranty. the work included a new transfer case, new front spline shaft, oil pan gasket replaced, front left diff seal replaced. Dont know what i may have hit to cause the damage. I just finished a 7K mile trip and was in the last 100 miles when the warnings started. I probably would have saved the transfer case if I would have known that was the problem...
Old 12-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Registered

theres a problem with a clip inside the transfer case wearing a hole in the aluminum housing and losing all the fluid,everyone should look at their transfer case to see if its wet