Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Lemon Law, anyone ever do it or have info? >

Lemon Law, anyone ever do it or have info?

Notices

Lemon Law, anyone ever do it or have info?

Old 11-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lemon Law, anyone ever do it or have info?

How about a Caterpillar service center. They'll know what to do.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 9 Lives
Gino,

I've been doing a lot of research on MDT's on other sites as well. There seem to be a lot of electrical problems with the M2 Freightliners that were assembled in Mexico. Maybe some of this will pertain to your problems. Check this link:

http://escapees.infopop.cc/eve/forum...1/m/5061044502

I do notice how many people here on OSO are trying to help out our friend with the black cloud following him. Sure, we're still giggling some, but seriously, we'd all like to see your current run of bad luck turn around.

Good luck Gino.....it's gotta get better soon.....
Thank you! Listen, I have fun with these stories. My luck could be much worse. I could not have any of the things I have been fortunate enough to get. As unlucky as I am, I feel very lucky. The stories are not for pity or sympathey. I laugh at them as you do. I would however enjoy them more if they were someone elses stories!!
Old 11-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerracer 340
How about a Caterpillar service center. They'll know what to do.
I had the truck at Palm Peterbuilt when Freightliner was too busy. They are Cat certified. I got a pretty big bill from them. They only covered touching the motor. Anything theye checked or touched that was not actually the engine, I was billed for. They also wanted to blame the trucks wiring and how Frightliner did things. Too much finger pointing. Freightliner has no one to point the finger at except the stereo guy and the oil change!!
Old 11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered

Attorney General, Lemon Law. I think you have a chance.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:23 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Gino, I sent you a PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Registered

No, not a caterpillar certified center.

I mean an actual Caterpillar shop. They're here in Michigan. They have the best Mechanics around, and all they do is work on Cat equipment and sell it.

Whenever I have problems with our Cats at our shop, they always come through.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Registered

get ahold of freightliners zone rep and tell your story to them ,if no help call freightliner direct,but should write everything down from the start of your probulms and get names of anybody and everybody you did or will be talking to,if this truck is only 5 or so months old start fighting them now and let them stall you
Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Registered

Cat C7 uses a high pressure oil pump to fire the injectors. Yes not changing oil on a regular basis can cause stalling plus alot of other running problems. Yours sounds more like it is sucking air from some place. Gm used crappy plastic lines that are prone to cause that same problem. You could also have a cracked fuel pickup tube in your tank. Find you a Caterpillar Dealer that also does truck engines.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a problem as this a while back. Seems like nobody could figure it out for weeks and a small independent shop found the problem. There was a small round piece of aluminum foil (seal from an additive) that plugged the pickup tube in the tank. Was hard to spot because it blended in with the tank. The mechanic found it by poking around with a wire. Good thing this was covered under warranty, everything in the fuel system was replaced before this was found.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The chassis dealers usually have one motor guy on staff that's OK for run of the mill stuff. As suggested, the truck needs to do to a Caterpillar franchisee. Big yellow and black sign that says "XXXX CAT".

Went thru the same thing with my FL. Each time, another definitive answer- didn't fix the problem. Intermittent problems can really suck.

Quick Reply: Lemon Law, anyone ever do it or have info?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.