Notices
View Poll Results: What Cargo trailer do you prefer?
Car Mate
0%
Haulmark
46.67%
Pace
33.33%
Renegade/Rance
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions on Cargo Trailers

Old 12-04-2006, 04:07 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Opinions on Cargo Trailers

I'm looking to buy a cargo trailer to store/transport my motorcycle in. I have the size picked out but I'm torn on what brand to choose. Anyone have any info? Thanks

Last edited by R Addiction; 12-04-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Opinions on Cargo Trailers

I've got a tandem axle Timberwolf 18x8.5 low profile. I've had it about 5 years now. Holding up well and no problems so far. It's been towed over 10,000 miles. I use it striclty for towing the bikes. Good looking trailer too.
http://www.letechnologies.com/page3.htm
Thunder Series

Timber Wolf Thunder Series Trailers are the answer for the discriminating buyer looking for the very best trailer to transport their motorcycles. Available in sizes to carry one or two full dress motorcycles and still fit in a standard size garage, the Thunder Series gets your bike to its destination in style. If you're looking for the very best trailer on the market, you owe it to yourself to tow a Thunder Series. While loaded with standard features including aluminum tread plate flooring, white vinyl walls and ceiling and Signature cast aluminum Timber Wolf front corners, the Thunder Series delivers the best in quality and value without breaking the bank.
Attached Images  

Last edited by dukenrock; 12-04-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered

I have a Haulmark 24' for my race car. I think I probably got what I paid for. My decision was based on cost for a specific set of options (chrome pkg, 10k axles, longer tongue), and availability. I lucked out with a "leftover" that had a pre-price increase build date but was a brand new model.
I saved money by picking it up at the factory, but I'd reconsider spending the extra to get it from a local dealer next time. There were some cosmetic issues I ended up fixing myself that would've been covered under warranty. But since I picked up from factory, I needed to return it there for service...500 miles away.
Thanks,
Michael
Old 12-04-2006, 08:36 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

The best deal I've gotten so far is on a Car*Mate. 6X12, single axle, Torflex axle w e-z lube hubs, ramp, side door, 3/4"floor, two interior lights, diamond plate corners and front gaurd.........$3650.00 plus tax and tags.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Registered

Get a bigger trailer than you think you will need. Trust me. It will be full of stuff you never thought of.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Registered

many brands have basic price point trailers and medium/loaded models. I'd look for the certrification (the biggies have it) and a comprehensive warranty- many offer 3/5 yr warranties. I've bought 4 "last trailer I'm going to buy- this one's perfect" in the last 4 yrs. 1st one was a POS that dissintgrated in 9 months of hwy use- they fixed it all under warranty but I realized it was just a light/lousy design even though I was hauling 2k under capacity. Sold it to a bud who used it for storage and local use only.

Every region has some strong local manufacturers
Old 12-06-2006, 12:32 PM
S-S
Gold Member
Gold Member

i am looking at trailers also i need a 24 ft and have looked at hualmark car mate pace and cargo mate and the more i look the more confused i get. i dont want to be highjacking your thread i think we are looking for the same any good feed back on these thanks
Old 12-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Featherlite all aluminum it will last the rest of your life and great resale value.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:43 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

S-S, No problems. I just found a 6X12 carmate with all the good stuff for $3200.00 Hope the y still have it tomorrow
Old 12-06-2006, 08:12 PM
S-S
Gold Member
Gold Member

r a i see you are from pa all pro in mechanicsburg gave me a real good price on a car mate i have not bought one yet if you want to check them out there number is 800-622-7003 a freind of mine just bought a trailer from a place in jersey and got a good deal i think the name of that dealer is steven green down near pt pleasant if you can get a auto locator paper they have alot of dealers listed

Quick Reply: Opinions on Cargo Trailers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.