Notices

best tunner for 6.0

Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best tunner for 6.0

I'm having a hard time choosing a tunner for my 06 6.0, I'm leanning into an OBDII in the case it needs to go to the dealer I don't want to remove wiring or other things. It needs to adjust my speedometer since I have changed gears and tires. I don't want to race,but I could use more HP and mileage would not heart either. SO NOW THE BIG ? WHO makes the best unit out there?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Registered

Default Re: best tunner for 6.0

Originally Posted by speedygonzalez
I'm having a hard time choosing a tunner for my 06 6.0, I'm leanning into an OBDII in the case it needs to go to the dealer I don't want to remove wiring or other things. It needs to adjust my speedometer since I have changed gears and tires. I don't want to race,but I could use more HP and mileage would not heart either. SO NOW THE BIG ? WHO makes the best unit out there?
Jet makes a nice one. I had one for my 5.3 and it made a big difference. Had to make sure you ran super.
Theres a good deal on one now on E-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JET-1...spagenameZWDVW
Old 01-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Diesel Ford or GM gas?

It makes a difference.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wannabe
Diesel Ford or GM gas?

It makes a difference.
If I am not mistaken the 6.0 is the chevy gas.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Ive had them all, for the 6.0 Ford Powerstroke, SCT Custom Tuned. The tuner is www.innovativediesel.com Eric the owner or Ted will anwser, tell them Jeff from MS sent ya. What you will want is a tow tune w/aggressive brake. An aggressive street tune and then a race tune with all gears locked. This tune in my 07 LWB Dually turned 14.1, the street tune turns 14.4, and the tow file I tow anything from 10-18k pounds. Anything less than 10K I use the street file. The race file is great for some people as a daily driver, but shifts like a shift kit, which gets old if you're in your truck 30k miles a year. Ive had Edge, Bullydog, Quadzilla, Dr.Performance, Banks, etc. this is the only tuner that shfts properly with the Ford Tranny.

Go to www.dieselstop.com scroll down to 6.0 and aftermarket parts....this is where I get my info from.

Also get some type of gauge package, on this truck I am using the Bully Dog Outlook Monitor, gives you EGT's, 1/4 mile, 0-60, air intake temp, volts, boost pressure, and so on. Also get Exhaust with or without Cat, depending on the state you live in, and possibly an air intake. Eric will give you a package deal. Good Luck. Jeff Jassby
Old 01-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRIPPINWETII
If I am not mistaken the 6.0 is the chevy gas.
ford 6.0 powerstoke diesel
Old 01-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
Ive had them all, for the 6.0 Ford Powerstroke, SCT Custom Tuned. The tuner is www.innovativediesel.com Eric the owner or Ted will anwser, tell them Jeff from MS sent ya. What you will want is a tow tune w/aggressive brake. An aggressive street tune and then a race tune with all gears locked. This tune in my 07 LWB Dually turned 14.1, the street tune turns 14.4, and the tow file I tow anything from 10-18k pounds. Anything less than 10K I use the street file. The race file is great for some people as a daily driver, but shifts like a shift kit, which gets old if you're in your truck 30k miles a year. Ive had Edge, Bullydog, Quadzilla, Dr.Performance, Banks, etc. this is the only tuner that shfts properly with the Ford Tranny.

Go to www.dieselstop.com scroll down to 6.0 and aftermarket parts....this is where I get my info from.

Also get some type of gauge package, on this truck I am using the Bully Dog Outlook Monitor, gives you EGT's, 1/4 mile, 0-60, air intake temp, volts, boost pressure, and so on. Also get Exhaust with or without Cat, depending on the state you live in, and possibly an air intake. Eric will give you a package deal. Good Luck. Jeff Jassby
thanks thats what I wanted to know.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Registered

ford 6.0 powerstoke diesel
Sorry,guess the make both.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks thats what I wanted to know.

I should have given you his number now that I think of it.

410-620-3020 Eric is a very cool guy, knows his stuff, has great cust. service and will update files with new and impoved stratagies by email for free. He has done my last 5 trucks. Jeff
Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
I should have given you his number now that I think of it.

410-620-3020 Eric is a very cool guy, knows his stuff, has great cust. service and will update files with new and impoved stratagies by email for free. He has done my last 5 trucks. Jeff
thanks for the # I was looking at his site, as soon as I get a chance I will get in touch, again, thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.