Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Trucks, Trailers and Transportation (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation-159/)
-   -   Electric brakes (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/trucks-trailers-transportation/152828-electric-brakes.html)

H20 Toie 03-04-2007 09:09 PM

Electric brakes

I just had the electic over hydralic conversion done on my Myco trailer and wow what difference, i should have done that a long time ago.

Payton 03-04-2007 10:15 PM

What parts did you use?

plumbers crack 03-05-2007 08:18 AM

I just converted my new trailer from surge to Electric/hydraulic.I used a Acti Brake pump with buit in tank,simple hook up and it flows alot of fluid and produces 1400 # of pressure.It really feels good knowing you can stop!!

rickdarling 03-05-2007 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by h20 toie (Post 2046708)
I just had the electic over hydralic conversion done on my Myco trailer and wow what difference, i should have done that a long time ago.

Dan,

Did Saul at Accurate do it?

H20 Toie 03-05-2007 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by rickdarling (Post 2047009)
Dan,

Did Saul at Accurate do it?

Hi Rick,

yes he did.

Yamaha 225 03-05-2007 09:47 AM

Hi.

Is the electric over hydraulic so that an electric signal from the brake lights actuate a solenoid which allow pressurized brake fluid go into the regular hydraulic brakes? What senses the retardation and adjust the amount of brake pressure to the brakes? Is it a G-forze sonsor or something?

We don't have that kind of brakes here. I am thankful for a discription.

:-) Erik

Sydwayz 03-05-2007 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225 (Post 2047073)
Hi.

Is the electric over hydraulic so that an electric signal from the brake lights actuate a solenoid which allow pressurized brake fluid go into the regular hydraulic brakes? What senses the retardation and adjust the amount of brake pressure to the brakes? Is it a G-forze sonsor or something?

We don't have that kind of brakes here. I am thankful for a discription.

:-) Erik

You can buy all the parts here:
www.championtrailerparts.com

There is a brake controller in the truck, that is actuated by your brake pedal. The controller then sends a varying electric voltage back to your braking system on the trailer. The potentiometer in the brake controller allows you to increase or decrease the electrical DC voltage sent to the trailer actuator, which allows you fine tuning for your brake system based on load and conditions. You can also set, and lock your brakes if needed. There is a battery on the trailer, and a break away cable from the truck, as such if your trailer breaks away from the truck, the battery system on your truck applies the brakes in an emergency.

H20 Toie 03-05-2007 10:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here is the pic of the conversion, you don't even notice that it's there looking at the trailer from the side.

Sydwayz 03-05-2007 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by h20 toie (Post 2047120)
here is the pic of the conversion, you don't even notice that it's there looking at the trailer from the side.

Is that unit COMPLETELY sealed from water/weather?? If it gets wet due to a unplanned splash at the launch ramp, or whatever, your brakes are going to go haywire. It may be better to have that mounted higher, maybe up on the winch post.

I do like the way it looks.

H20 Toie 03-05-2007 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2047157)
Is that unit COMPLETELY sealed from water/weather?? If it gets wet due to a unplanned splash at the launch ramp, or whatever, your brakes are going to go haywire. It may be better to have that mounted higher, maybe up on the winch post.

I do like the way it looks.

yep it is completely sealed. it will get wet i have had that part of the trailer underwater a couple of times