Notices

Electric brakes

Old 03-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts
Default Electric brakes

I just had the electic over hydralic conversion done on my Myco trailer and wow what difference, i should have done that a long time ago.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:15 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What parts did you use?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I just converted my new trailer from surge to Electric/hydraulic.I used a Acti Brake pump with buit in tank,simple hook up and it flows alot of fluid and produces 1400 # of pressure.It really feels good knowing you can stop!!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
I just had the electic over hydralic conversion done on my Myco trailer and wow what difference, i should have done that a long time ago.
Dan,

Did Saul at Accurate do it?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rickdarling
Dan,

Did Saul at Accurate do it?
Hi Rick,

yes he did.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi.

Is the electric over hydraulic so that an electric signal from the brake lights actuate a solenoid which allow pressurized brake fluid go into the regular hydraulic brakes? What senses the retardation and adjust the amount of brake pressure to the brakes? Is it a G-forze sonsor or something?

We don't have that kind of brakes here. I am thankful for a discription.

:-) Erik
Old 03-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
Hi.

Is the electric over hydraulic so that an electric signal from the brake lights actuate a solenoid which allow pressurized brake fluid go into the regular hydraulic brakes? What senses the retardation and adjust the amount of brake pressure to the brakes? Is it a G-forze sonsor or something?

We don't have that kind of brakes here. I am thankful for a discription.

:-) Erik
You can buy all the parts here:
www.championtrailerparts.com

There is a brake controller in the truck, that is actuated by your brake pedal. The controller then sends a varying electric voltage back to your braking system on the trailer. The potentiometer in the brake controller allows you to increase or decrease the electrical DC voltage sent to the trailer actuator, which allows you fine tuning for your brake system based on load and conditions. You can also set, and lock your brakes if needed. There is a battery on the trailer, and a break away cable from the truck, as such if your trailer breaks away from the truck, the battery system on your truck applies the brakes in an emergency.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

here is the pic of the conversion, you don't even notice that it's there looking at the trailer from the side.
Attached Thumbnails Electric brakes-dsc03148.jpg   Electric brakes-dsc03149.jpg  
Old 03-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
here is the pic of the conversion, you don't even notice that it's there looking at the trailer from the side.
Is that unit COMPLETELY sealed from water/weather?? If it gets wet due to a unplanned splash at the launch ramp, or whatever, your brakes are going to go haywire. It may be better to have that mounted higher, maybe up on the winch post.

I do like the way it looks.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Is that unit COMPLETELY sealed from water/weather?? If it gets wet due to a unplanned splash at the launch ramp, or whatever, your brakes are going to go haywire. It may be better to have that mounted higher, maybe up on the winch post.

I do like the way it looks.
yep it is completely sealed. it will get wet i have had that part of the trailer underwater a couple of times

Quick Reply: Electric brakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.