Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Help With Utility Quad and Rhino >

Help With Utility Quad and Rhino

Notices

Help With Utility Quad and Rhino

Old 03-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The local Yamaha dealer in Palm Harbor has a tricked out Rhino with link suspension, wheels , tires, etc...VERY trick but it's as big as a Jeep. Anyhow they want 25K !!!! I told them they were on crack....a Rhino with the tire and wheel upgrade was around 14K..... they list for about 9K dealer cost. Dave
Old 03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine loaded w/ everything imagineable $ 8500.00 to you.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Check out the Polaris Ranger. Its the fastest of them all
Yes...with some very minor mods it is the sickest utility vehicle out there...total baja machine and great control factor under speeds in turns and woops....I do not like utility vehicles that look like they are....this thing is just cool and bad!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Wardey
Mike, I too am looking at the Rhinos. My Bro-in-law owns a Yamaha/Polaris/KTM dealership and he told me to go with the Polaris. It is true 4x4 where as the Rhino is kinda like limited slip. I am not going to keep it stock so I am going with the Rhino just because I think they look better. He still says the Polaris is the better machine and if he was buying one, he would go Polaris. Tres Martin has a Polaris Utility up on his ranch in Ocala I beleive, and we took it out one eve and it was nice. More work oriented than the Yamahas but he and Jackie use it for the ranch use. But the Rhinos can be tuned to run 65mph !!! Dave
Wardey are you sure about the limited slip on the Rhino? I did a lot of research before I bought ours and found it to be a true locked rear end with an open front end that has a lock in feature. Based off of my experience with it so far this seems to be the case. Full lock in the rear, and open in the front unless you push the 4x4 lock button.

I may have just been lucky up until now and it stayed locked everytime I used it? Dunno?

Buck
Old 03-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is Polaris's new sport ranger

Old 03-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Registered

The Polaris is sweet. Check out this Rhino. It has 170 HP and will run 100+. Probably not the best "utility" vehicle in town but I bet it is a blast to drive. I would like to have something with a small tilt bed.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Help With Utility Quad and Rhino-toxic2.jpg  
Old 03-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'll take my rail any day if you're talking about speed and not utility!
Old 03-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wardey
Mike, I too am looking at the Rhinos. My Bro-in-law owns a Yamaha/Polaris/KTM dealership and he told me to go with the Polaris. It is true 4x4 where as the Rhino is kinda like limited slip. I am not going to keep it stock so I am going with the Rhino just because I think they look better. He still says the Polaris is the better machine and if he was buying one, he would go Polaris. Tres Martin has a Polaris Utility up on his ranch in Ocala I beleive, and we took it out one eve and it was nice. More work oriented than the Yamahas but he and Jackie use it for the ranch use. But the Rhinos can be tuned to run 65mph !!! Dave
Wardey,

The Rhino is a true 4X4 machine. It is selectable between 2wd, 4wd limited slip, and 4X4 locked. Switchable by buttons on the dash.

Mike
Old 03-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BigMike
Wardey,

The Rhino is a true 4X4 machine. It is selectable between 2wd, 4wd limited slip, and 4X4 locked. Switchable by buttons on the dash.

Mike
I believe it is just like my Grizzly 660 with 2 buttons and a slide to go back and forth between 4 different modes. The Grizzly is by far the best ATV I have owned and the Rhino comes from the same platform.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:22 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by buck183
Wardey are you sure about the limited slip on the Rhino? I did a lot of research before I bought ours and found it to be a true locked rear end with an open front end that has a lock in feature. Based off of my experience with it so far this seems to be the case. Full lock in the rear, and open in the front unless you push the 4x4 lock button.

I may have just been lucky up until now and it stayed locked everytime I used it? Dunno?

Buck
You are correct, it's the same as a 660 Grizzly, spool in the rear end, 2 or 4 wheel drive with a fully locking front diff on demand.

Quick Reply: Help With Utility Quad and Rhino

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.