Notices

DirtBikes

Old 12-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been riding my 2010 yamaha yz450f this year Jason rides 2010 honda crf250 and a crf450,got them down in florida going to ride them this winter,kirt bring that ktm down to florida and go riding,i have heard about a awesome gncc event during bike week,nice collection of vintage bikes and that new ktm looks awesome Dave
Old 12-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Biggus
Thanks Brian, the 175 is a '78. The 400 is a '79. Those TT350's were a sweet ride. A buddy of mine bought one new with High School graduation $$. He still has it, only rides it a few times a year.

Do you want to sell that TY? I've wanted one for years.

-Here's my '80 Can Am 250 Qualifier. It's a lot of fun, works very well for a vintage bike. I ran about 10 tanks of gas down its neck it this summer. Nice motor and very quiet. Anyone into the Canned Hams?

[IMG]http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz91/klflashroadrunner/090110027.jpg[/IM

Kurt
I'm holding on to it for now but if I ever sell her I'll let you know. It's a great bike and in original condiition. I'll get a picture of the TT 350 later on.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Dave, I'm interested in taking a riding trip this winter. I'm dying to ride my new bike!

Brian, I'm planning to ride at Highland Park offroad park (KTM World) outside of Atlanta?? after the Maimi Boat Show. Are you familiar with that place?

Here's a fun old ride, its a 1970 Husqvarna 250 'Cross. 4 speed right side shift. For an old relic, it really works pretty well but the right shift will faaak you up if you get too comfortable!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Dave, I'm interested in taking a riding trip this winter. I'm dying to ride my new bike!

Brian, I'm planning to ride at Highland Park offroad park (KTM World) outside of Atlanta?? after the Maimi Boat Show. Are you familiar with that place?

Here's a fun old ride, its a 1970 Husqvarna 250 'Cross. 4 speed right side shift. For an old relic, it really works pretty well but the right shift will faaak you up if you get too comfortable!

I've never been there but it looks like a good place. Here's a link that has good information on places to ride in Ga.

http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/facili...eneraltypeid=1
Old 12-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I both ride and race... not as much now because were on the boat so much, but I did race 3 times this year and won 3 times this year (+30 twice, 250B once). Both bikes have big bore kits, rekluse pros, rims, Euro suspension, etc, etc..

My ole girl, 02 YZ444F

My wifes bike, 03 YZ290F

Old 12-24-2010, 02:28 AM
Registered

Nice rides! -Love the blue rims. I'm going to get a spare set of wheels soon. Thinking about the DNA wheels with orange rims/black hubs. Do you race Hare Scrambles or MX?
Old 12-24-2010, 04:09 AM
GB
Registered

Thanks Brian, the 175 is a '78. The 400 is a '79. Those TT350's were a sweet ride. A buddy of mine bought one new with High School graduation $$. He still has it, only rides it a few times a year.

Do you want to sell that TY? I've wanted one for years.

-Here's my '80 Can Am 250 Qualifier. It's a lot of fun, works very well for a vintage bike. I ran about 10 tanks of gas down its neck it this summer. Nice motor and very quiet. Anyone into the Canned Hams?

Kurt
Thanks for posting the pic. Spotted the Can-Am almost immediately in post 63. Bought the same bike new in 80. Was a little on the heavy side and the suspension needed attention as they all did back then. The motor purred with a nice smooth/wide powerband and yes, very quiet.
Prior to the Qualifier, had a MX2 175, then stepped up to the MX3 250. Jimmy Ellis was my Hero back in the day!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GB
Thanks for posting the pic. Spotted the Can-Am almost immediately in post 63. Bought the same bike new in 80. Was a little on the heavy side and the suspension needed attention as they all did back then. The motor purred with a nice smooth/wide powerband and yes, very quiet.
Prior to the Qualifier, had a MX2 175, then stepped up to the MX3 250. Jimmy Ellis was my Hero back in the day!
-Glad you enjoyed the Can Am pic. A friend of mine had it buried way in the back of his barn and it hadn't been used since shortly after buying it new. I had been after him to sell it to me for over 15 yrs and the answer was always no. It was no because he knew it would be a major chore to get it out of where it was. He finally offered it to me as long as I brought a crew to extract it. (this guys barn would be a dream for the "pickers") In order to get it out, we slung a rope over one of the beams, hoisted it by the front wheel and swung it towards the front of the barn. It was a lesson in rigging for sure!

Even after sitting for close to 30 yrs, all it took was a carb cleaning and fresh fuel. The bike is totally original, down to the grips. She started on the second kick. I registered it and used it as a dual sport all summer, burned about 10 tanks of fuel through it. (ran CAM II 110octane with Klotz racing castor, what a nice smell!) It works very well and being a six speed, its got some legs on the road. Yeah, the rear suspension is pretty poor, next year I might spring for a set of custom Works Performance shocks.

Here's a pic of my 1976 Penton/KTM 400. I've had it for close to 20 years.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Kurt,
Did you ever finish the little KTM that I went and picked up those parts for? I'd love to see some pics of the finished product!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered

Nice rides! -Love the blue rims. I'm going to get a spare set of wheels soon. Thinking about the DNA wheels with orange rims/black hubs. Do you race Hare Scrambles or MX?
Thanks... The blue rims are Excels with an OEM hub and Pro Wheel Spokes. The black set is Pro Wheel rims, OEM hub, PW spokes... lacing those things up can be a real pain!!

We race a little bit of both, with a couple of Grand Prix's mixed in. In all honesty, I would rather just go for a trail ride than race... I'm getting old and those kids are getting faster!

Quick Reply: DirtBikes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.