Notices

New Tow Rig!

Old 05-07-2007, 12:16 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tow Rig!

Just got her home last night from R-Kansas! Dealer offered me $1000's not to buy it. Not sure if that was a stunt or not but I'm happy so far. Oasis Report & Carfax all checked out. 2005, 6.0 Lariat longbed with air-lift airbags. 60K miles. In the 675 mile trip home I got 14.6MPG and that was 75-85MPH through the mountains? Sounds pretty good? It looks to have a aftermarket exhaust system. Dealer said it was a fuel effecient system. All it really needs now is a bed liner....and my TG behind it! Just thought I'd share!
Attached Thumbnails New Tow Rig!-100_1283s.jpg   New Tow Rig!-100_1295s.jpg   New Tow Rig!-100_1284s.jpg  

Old 05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,211 Likes on 525 Posts

Congrats Jim. It looks sharp.

Can't tell about the exhaust, I'll have to see it in person to tell.

You definitely want to upgrade to a Putnam XDR hitch. The factory hitch is not up to par for your rig.

www.putnamhitch.com

Its not hard to install. We could do it at the lake. Give me a ring when you have a chance.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice rig man. Looks sharp!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:22 PM
Registered

Good looking truck..
Old 05-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Boomer! Sooner!
Gold Member

ATS is a joke now since Tadd Layton left. Your truck already has exhaust from what i can tell in your pics from the previous owner. Do yourself a favor and order a custom tuned SCT for your truck and you will get 14 to 15 MPG towing and 17 to 18 unloaded. If you want any more help or questions about your 6.0 shoot me a pm.

The frist thing you need to do is get yourself a set of real gauges. A Egt, Boost, and tranny gauges are the first priority.

Then you can get a SCT.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakester
ATS is a joke now since Tadd Layton left. Your truck already has exhaust from what i can tell in your pics from the previous owner. Do yourself a favor and order a custom tuned SCT for your truck and you will get 14 to 15 MPG towing and 17 to 18 unloaded. If you want any more help or questions about your 6.0 shoot me a pm.

The frist thing you need to do is get yourself a set of real gauges. A Egt, Boost, and tranny gauges are the first priority.

Then you can get a SCT.
or you could go the SCT livewire route, it has all the gauges built in (if you purchase the probes).. i have the sct livewire, 5" motoblue exhaust and the K@N intake..i love it.. Sct is def the way to go..
Old 05-08-2007, 07:35 AM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

I was under the impression that changing any of the programming was proving to be a bad idea in most cases? I have 100000 mile warranty starting this week. DO I really want to go screwing with this? What am I really going to see as being different by ordering a custom tuned SCT? I don't need a street racer and I'm not that concerned about improving my gas milage 2-4MPG. I just want a good reliable system that will be covered under warranty. I appreciate all advice.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blue by You
I was under the impression that changing any of the programming was proving to be a bad idea in most cases? I have 100000 mile warranty starting this week. DO I really want to go screwing with this? What am I really going to see as being different by ordering a custom tuned SCT? I don't need a street racer and I'm not that concerned about improving my gas milage 2-4MPG. I just want a good reliable system that will be covered under warranty. I appreciate all advice.
Good idea. I had an 05 Harley Edition and never screwed with it either. That translated into ZERO problems and it hauled a 46 Cig several times from Indiana to Florida and back.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just switch mine back to the stock tune if it ever has to go to the shop.. A friend of mine has 146000 on his and put his tuner on at 112000 and still no problems.. it does make a big difference..
Old 05-08-2007, 08:06 PM
FIERCE ALLEGIANCE
Platinum Member

a big difference like what? What will the tune do for my rig?

Quick Reply: New Tow Rig!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.