Notices

Track Days

Old 08-01-2007, 09:25 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Track Days

After taking my Buell to my first track day at NHIS Speedway in Loudon NH a couple weeks ago I'm hooked. I went to NY last week and bought a race prepped Yamaha R6 for the rest of the year and am getting my license to race in 08. It is by far the most exillerating thing I have ever done - !!! My Buell did a lot better than I expected though before the last session some key components came off - Harley engines don't like spending the day bouncing off the rev limiter....
Attached Thumbnails Track Days-turn-6-small-.jpg   Track Days-buell125.jpeg   Track Days-steeds.jpg  

Old 08-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

good stuff, i spent many a weekend at Poconos as well as Loudon running a 95 CBR600f3 and then a few years later running my Triumph Daytona 955i...
Old 11-07-2007, 06:56 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

love the R6, I low sided my first day with it on the track and got one more track day in before our looong winter. VIR in the spring
Old 11-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Fun isn't it?!?!? I am so hooked on tracking my Porsche it's about all I think about. I just do DE's (not racing) but our club had 326 cars show up at Sebring for the club race over a weekend!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i raced ccs class for quite some time... south florida region. raced in jennings gp speedway, homestead-miami speedway, and Moroso Motorsports Park. Been racing motorcycles since the age of 12 when i started off with a yamaha ysr50 racing on go cart tracks. then moved up to a 99 gsxr 750 srad model and then bought a 2001 suzuki gsxr 600, and that was my last race bike....any advice you need or any info on setup or so forth, p.m. and id love to help.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:57 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Elite Carrier Group
i raced ccs class for quite some time... south florida region. raced in jennings gp speedway, homestead-miami speedway, and Moroso Motorsports Park. Been racing motorcycles since the age of 12 when i started off with a yamaha ysr50 racing on go cart tracks. then moved up to a 99 gsxr 750 srad model and then bought a 2001 suzuki gsxr 600, and that was my last race bike....any advice you need or any info on setup or so forth, p.m. and id love to help.
Hey thanks for the offer, I'm planning on going to Daytona in the spring and heading to Jennings for a day, maybe VIR on way home. A friend is pulling a trailer down and I hope there is space for the track & street bike. NHIS's road coarse isn't a "fast track" by any means, its real technical and I'd like to try Jennings. Heres a recent vid a friend posted on myspace, http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=21927593 The guy chasing me has been doing this for a long time and is obviously faster. I just need more seat time at the track - northeast winters are waaaay to long. My R6 has the good stuff and is geared a little tall for Loudon, I need to get my corner speed up because Ilumber out of some corners ;

Penske Internals in forks (CTR)
Penske Tripple rear shock
Arrow Competition Titanium Exhaust
Power Commander
Brembo Master cylinder
Woodcraft Adj Rear sets
Graves Fairing stay
Woodcraft Clip-ons
Scotts Damper
DID erv2 Chain
Vortex front & rear sprocket
Hotbodies Bodywork
Braded front brake lines
Vesrah Pads
Woodcraft frame sliders
BMC Air Filter
NRC & Woodcraft case covers
Michilen Power Race tires
Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

change ur tires...dunlop d208gp's..better than michelin's and braid ur rear brake lines as well...jennings is a very very fast track and also has great turns as well..best of both worlds...however always keep something in mind..bikes are not boats....to finish first, you must first finish. and the key is not how fast you go into a turn but gliding through the turn and how fast you can come out of it.......one more thing always turn your head and look at the end of your turn beginning of the straight a way i didnt do that in the beginning and when i started doing it started taking the turns way way way faster....last key, drag your knee............dont be scared knee pucks are the first indicator that ur too low. if ur not scraping ur not low enough.....anything else let me know.....

daytona, change ur gearing very very high speed and u need top end....jennings u need torque so u gotta change sprockets again.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:06 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

time for an update I guess. racing career was short lived and gonna miss it. crashing is a part racing and I've done a bunch of it, brief lowlites -
Sept 08 low sided in last corner at NHMS hitting wall feet first. broke leg, dislocated ankle.

This got my 09 season off to late start healing.

exactly 1 year later broke ribs, collapsed lung, knocked out with concussion after being run over (from hip to shoulder to head) in turn 1 wreck and then developed pneumonia.

been down a few times between and dr said too many concussions over lifetime. girlfriend was there to witness and she has had enough. I had a slow low side the day before that she also saw. anyways sold bike and trailer, sucks cuz this was year was healthy enough for Daytona

Last edited by CMG; 10-31-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered

man, I know racing you get your lumps occasionally but looks like you got beat by a loan shark... Hope alls well with ya and you get back to 100%. keep it in the water or on the dirt.... thats what I do,not to say I haven't had any trips to the hospital in moto x but nothing that bad yet. good luck
Old 10-31-2009, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=CMG;2336619]I'm planning on going to Daytona in the spring and heading to Jennings for a day.

Hopefully you'll heal up and make it to Florida to ride. Daytona is an amazing experience but a bit sketchy for my tastes. However, Jennings is paradise. Was just there on Monday wobbling around...
Attached Thumbnails Track Days-jennings-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Track Days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.