Notices

Lingenfelter Performance

Old 10-13-2007, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you should decide to go through another tuner then LPE, there is a place in Tempe called Xtreme that has been around a while and has gained the respect of the corvete crowd.

good luck, that is a nice ride just the way it sits.

one other thing... if you just want to spend some money on the new toy, check out

http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/dev2007/home.html

they can put a targa top in it, or even turn it into a convertible.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Name will be everything in resale.
Don't forget warranty.
You may save a few bucks going local on the front end, but nationwide everyone knows Lingenfelter. Selling the car down the road will be like selling a go fast boat, it will be done nationwide and if it is modified people will want a known quantity.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim after he makes the mods he can take it down to the pizza palace and see how it runs
Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

Lingenfelter is good with the vettes, know fact............but with some of the available decent guys that can do it on a local basis might be the best thing for you to do. I have two forced induction rides right now currently, just sold one of my prize possesions this summer on the forced induction side, an 87 Grand national with 39,000 original miles, garaged and awesome condition. Take it from one that knows forced induction..........you want someone you can turn to when problem times comes, not something you have to send across the world to get it repaired. It takes time to get it there, time to get it fixed, time to get it back, and it might be something simple, a 2 minute fix. Lingenfelter might be a good name when it comes to resale value, but why would you worry about that right now......do a few mods and run the chit out of it.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Don't forget warranty.
You may save a few bucks going local on the front end, but nationwide everyone knows Lingenfelter. Selling the car down the road will be like selling a go fast boat, it will be done nationwide and if it is modified people will want a known quantity.

WARRANTY...........Try taking it in with twin turbos and tell the GM dealer you have no idea why the rear went out. Thats the chance you take when doing mods, and when the dealer sees this, your warranty is usually nada, void, and placed on GMs (or what ever brand it is) computer file so you can't go to another dealer and try the same thing. If you are worried the least about a warranty, leave it stock until the warranty expires, or do some simple mods that can be removed quickly when taking it back to the dealer for warranty claims. Remember, the computers in these newer cars record a bunch of data also, wipe that clean as well.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mercury_Challenger
WARRANTY...........Try taking it in with twin turbos and tell the GM dealer you have no idea why the rear went out. Thats the chance you take when doing mods, and when the dealer sees this, your warranty is usually nada, void, and placed on GMs (or what ever brand it is) computer file so you can't go to another dealer and try the same thing. If you are worried the least about a warranty, leave it stock until the warranty expires, or do some simple mods that can be removed quickly when taking it back to the dealer for warranty claims. Remember, the computers in these newer cars record a bunch of data also, wipe that clean as well.
I wont be doing turbos or supercharging, I talked to my dealer about warranty and was told my only challenge would be the engine internally not accessories, they also have done warranty work for Lingenfelter with no issues, I'm also going to call Katech Performance on there packages but I'm leaning towards LPE
Old 10-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Don't forget warranty.
I agree totally, I always plan an exit strategy before I buy a new toy
Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

OK...when you get it built come on to NC........get some of this Ford action over here. I love the new z06s, and they always tell me my car's rear end looks good squatting as it shifts heading to the end of the 1320 (thats all they usually see)....LOL! On the other hand......a guy in tidewater VA I know with a new z06 turned a low 11 with a set of slicks and a few bolts on, impressive car for no more than was done to it.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I like the Callaway kit better (Supercharged). Callaway always seems more reasonable with the expectations in regards to durability.

That LPE kit is pretty impressive on paper, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a really good top-end job. You can plan on some serious valve-train wear with that kind of a setup.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Registered

Lingenfelter is right up there with the best...bring your checkbook! They must be real good...they're just down the street from Formula

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter Performance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.