Notices

08 duramax vs 06 duramax

Old 12-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
A co-worker just bought a 08 gmc,it has bezels on the gauges (my ltz chevy doesn't) that give it a buick sedan dash look,I didn't care for that plus the door armrest are different and jut out right where my left knee rest while driving.We been ragging on him at work that it looks like a super duty ford for past week since he got it too,Smitty
I wouldn't base my purchase on the dash bezels alone and I don't have any experience with the armrests but I do know that I don't like the Chevy hood with those black plastic pods up by the windshield and the GMC hood and front grill/bumper are much nicer looking to me....sorry, just my taste.

I would not agree that the GMC looks like a Ford since the Ford has that "sad puppy" look in the headlight area and the GMC does not.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

I don't mind the looks of the Ford, untill it gets dark out and the headlights go on. It seems to look all upside down to me.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Registered

The old saying is "there's an ass for every seat" always applies.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlaw_30
I wouldn't base my purchase on the dash bezels alone and I don't have any experience with the armrests but I do know that I don't like the Chevy hood with those black plastic pods up by the windshield and the GMC hood and front grill/bumper are much nicer looking to me....sorry, just my taste.

I would not agree that the GMC looks like a Ford since the Ford has that "sad puppy" look in the headlight area and the GMC does not.
I wouldn't base my purchase on dash bezels either, I like the dash that my 06 had better than the gmc or chevy.The guy that bought the GMC wishes it had the black plastic inserts like the chevys have plus he says everyone that looks at it thinks its a ford,there aren't as many new gmc's around here as fords. Personally I drove the 08 gmc 150 miles last weekend snowmobiling which is what got me started on looking at trucks this week,I liked everything about the truck (as far as comfort/driving it) except how the door panel jutted into the side of my knee while driving the truck. I picked up my chevy sat,the door panel is completely different,you can tell they tried to make the GMC look more upscale. Something I dislike on both trucks is the trans temp display is now on the speedometer where you scroll thru the tripometer,mpg readout etc. You have to scroll thru to display the temp instead of having a actual gauge like my last 3 duramaxes and when you do if you want to leave it on then your ave mpg isn't displayed (which is what I usually have on),Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 12-31-2007 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
I wouldn't base my purchase on dash bezels either, I like the dash that my 06 had better than the gmc or chevy.The guy that bought the GMC wishes it had the black plastic inserts like the chevys have plus he says everyone that looks at it thinks its a ford,there aren't as many new gmc's around here as fords. Personally I drove the 08 gmc 150 miles last weekend snowmobiling which is what got me started on looking at trucks this week,I liked everything about the truck (as far as comfort/driving it) except how the door panel jutted into the side of my knee while driving the truck. I picked up my chevy sat,the door panel is completely different,you can tell they tried to make the GMC look more upscale. Something I dislike on both trucks is the trans temp display is now on the speedometer where you scroll thru the tripometer,mpg readout etc. You have to scroll thru to display the temp instead of having a actual gauge like my last 3 duramaxes and when you do if you want to leave it on then your ave mpg isn't displayed (which is what I usually have on),Smitty
Yeah...it's funny how we wish that one truck has some styling features from other trucks. I had been hoping that the new Chevy HD styling would grow on me over time...but so far, it hasn't happened. That's too bad they did that with the trans temp display...probably saved a few dollars on each truck or they aren't worried about the temp and don't think we sould be either.

I have an '05 Chevy crew cab 4x4 diesel Dually with only 4500 miles that I am going to sell...had a thread for it but it was removed.
[IMG][/IMG]

Is your new truck a Dually or SRW ??

Matt
Old 12-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Banned

was it in the classified
Old 12-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
was it in the classified
No...it was in this section because I'm waiting until after the holidays to place an ad. It looks like they don't allow links to other ads like auto trader...so I'm not sure where I want to place an ad yet??
Old 12-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I had been hoping that the new Chevy HD styling would grow on me over time...but so far, it hasn't happened.
ditto
Old 12-31-2007, 11:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When I first saw the new trucks with the factory 16" rims they looked pathetic but when I started seeing them with the 17" and 265's they looked better. Another thing I have noticed in the few days of driving my 08 is road grime/salt/dirt etc sprays from the back tires up the side of the truck to almost the front doors,Bushwacker is making fender flares already,I'm going to probably buy some,I bought the factory molded mud flaps the day I picked the truck up but they aren't going to do squat for the spray I'm seeing in front of my back tires,Smitty
I got the clearence lights this time too,they look pretty good at night,never had them before.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah...it's funny how we wish that one truck has some styling features from other trucks. I had been hoping that the new Chevy HD styling would grow on me over time...but so far, it hasn't happened. That's too bad they did that with the trans temp display...probably saved a few dollars on each truck or they aren't worried about the temp and don't think we sould be either.

I have an '05 Chevy crew cab 4x4 diesel Dually with only 4500 miles that I am going to sell...had a thread for it but it was removed.
[IMG][/IMG]

Is your new truck a Dually or SRW ??

Matt
My trucks a srw,my boat and trailer is around 7500-800 lbs,race car trailer with a vehicle on it is about the same and covered snowmobile trailer is even less so I don't need the duals at this time. I had a decked out dually back in the mid 90's with 454 and banks kit,it looked bad azz. Had alcoas,2 tone paint,sunvisor,camper shell with big aluminum wing for pulling tall enclosed trailers. It drove terrible in the snow though unless you had really aggressive tires on it and were in 4wd,the duals would climb up on the edge of the tire tracks in fresh snow and toss you around,Smitty

Quick Reply: 08 duramax vs 06 duramax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.