Notices

Can Am Spyder 3 wheeler!

Old 02-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can Am Spyder 3 wheeler!

Has anybody driven 1 of these? What do ya think??? Saw them 4 the 1st X at the Miami show, very cool! Could B a great coffee shop run ride! Any thoughts appreciated!!! Thanx, Wrink
Old 02-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We sell them when they come in, we have taken money on 40 and delivered 3 should have had 20-25 by now. The only one that has any miles on it is are demo and it already needed a new steering motor. I have put about 50 miles on it and I don't like it, it is very twitchy and they have so many safeties on it you can't have any fun. Some states they are not legal yet also. I hope they get better but if they stay the same then I give it a thumbs down. They are cool for handy cap riders though.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
We sell them when they come in, we have taken money on 40 and delivered 3 should have had 20-25 by now. The only one that has any miles on it is are demo and it already needed a new steering motor. I have put about 50 miles on it and I don't like it, it is very twitchy and they have so many safeties on it you can't have any fun. Some states they are not legal yet also. I hope they get better but if they stay the same then I give it a thumbs down. They are cool for handy cap riders though.
Thanx
Old 02-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Registered

I have yet to see a positive review. Even the dealers don't seem to be impressed.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered

I run the service end and don't have to lie like salesmen, and we don't wanna work on cars and that thing has too many tires to be a bike.

We sell almost every brand so if you ever want an honest review just let me know.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Registered

I run the service end and don't have to lie like salesmen, and we don't wanna work on cars and that thing has too many tires to be a bike.

We sell almost every brand so if you ever want an honest review just let me know.
Appreciate it Dude!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Thats dissapointing. I really like thier atv's.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Registered

I would still go and ride one just for the hell of it, my big dislike about it is no gyro effect from the tires/wheels like you get on a bike. I have been riding for 34 years and racing 20 but road racing is what I liked and did best, and to be fast you really have to have feed back to feel what the bike is doing. Even on a 3 or 4 wheel ATV if you start to turn in and you need to tighten up the turn you give it a little gas or rear brake to move the rear end over, you can't do that on the Spider. You can get them badly out of shape and they shut down. Now if you just drive around at the speed limit and never want to romp on it then you might like it. I just wish they would put a switch on it to turn off all the traction control.
The other bad thing is the linked brakes, they come with a right foot brake only. They have a kit to put a hand brake on it but it too is linked, they said a non linked is coming but I havn't seen it.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Tracy,

There is only one go-fast trike to pay any attention to:
http://www.go-t-rex.com/ .
Old 02-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Registered

No they are junk too and over 40k, my buddy has one,I had it here for about a month fixing it. They eat clutches and if you are a bigger guy you wont fit. They make a big guy one but still too cramped for me @ 6'5" 225#. But they do long burnouts. They are like an older Vette they handle pretty good till you break them loose, then your just along for the ride.