Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
I Need Transportation For My Boat >

I Need Transportation For My Boat

Notices

I Need Transportation For My Boat

Old 02-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Diesel Super Duty costs me 350.00 to 400.00 a day to operate for just fuel and lodging. I can only run 11 hours at a time by law, and don't have a sleeper on it so I must use motels, by law. This is a 5 or 6 day round tripper for me so if you pay me 2000.00 I would be in the hole. This doesn't even include insurance, licensing, maintenance or eating. So your chances of getting even a 1 ton pickup are pretty slim. Also anyone hauling at 1.00 per mile without a guaranteed return trip won't be insured or DOT compliant. That means if DOT stops him for inspection, like they do alot now, he will be put out of service. Meaning your boat sits until you find someone that can legally move it. Good luck.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Dallas has left the building
Old 02-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Registered

Default Thanks For Your Help

Well After Reading All Of You Taking Shots At Me I Thought I Was Crazy For Thinking I Could Do It That Cheap. Well Guess Again I Had 3 Trucking Companys Contact Me I Found One With A Ton Of Reference That Will Do It For 2, 300. Oh And He Is Fully Insured So Maybe Some Of You That Are Paying 2 Dollars A Mile Should Shop Around More! It Pays It Shop For The Best Deal. Its Worth The Time I Saved 1700.00 Not Bad!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya, a trucking company... not a boat hauling company. What do you think theyre going to do if you have a bearing failure on the side of the highway? think they'll go the extra length to insure the boats safety while its being repaired or is the trucker just gonna let it sit soakin up salt on the side of the highway. think the trucking company would recognize if the boat was put on the trailer incorrectly or if it shifted during transport or if it had a bunk failure?

it pays to go with the dedicated pro's on these kinds of deals and leave the truckers to shipping pallets... just my two cents (or $1500, however you look at it)..

also, think the trucker would do a damn thing about it if a rock or limb caught the shrink wrap and tore a hole in it? I doubt they carry the equipment for mishaps like bgchuby does..

This is one area it doesnt pay to be cheap in.. It amazes me to see guys spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on machines like this and then expect some nobody to haul it around for em for nearly nothin.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:43 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DALLAS
Well After Reading All Of You Taking Shots At Me I Thought I Was Crazy For Thinking I Could Do It That Cheap. Well Guess Again I Had 3 Trucking Companys Contact Me I Found One With A Ton Of Reference That Will Do It For 2, 300. Oh And He Is Fully Insured So Maybe Some Of You That Are Paying 2 Dollars A Mile Should Shop Around More! It Pays It Shop For The Best Deal. Its Worth The Time I Saved 1700.00 Not Bad!
you didn't get it done for what you expected to pay.... so you didn't win.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

coulda saved even more time by not using the shift key at the beginning of each word.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Registered

Default Once Again

U Are Righ,t It Is A Boat Hauler Not A Trucing Company I Misspoke. I Dont Get You Guys What Is So Hard To Believe. This Guy Has A Boat To Bring Back Form Chicago So Thats 4,600 Round Trip. And That Is If He Is Charging Them What He Is Charging Me. You Guys Need To Relax Just Because I Paid Almost Half Of What You Paid Doesnt Mean Im Wrong. Oh For What Its Worth I Heard The Same Thing When I Bought My Boat. People Told Me There Was No Way I Could By My Daytona For What I Did But I Did And Its Perfect.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Banned

just curious why don't you post the name and number of the company I would be happy to call them and see what kind of limits they have on cargo insurance and their safety record which I can go on a federal website and see if they are really legal. Oh and by the way if you got there number on Uship they don't check to see if the person is legal or not. so you can own a 1500 pickup and post that you can haul for hire without providing the legal paperwork to go with it.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DALLAS
U Are Righ,t It Is A Boat Hauler Not A Trucing Company I Misspoke. I Dont Get You Guys What Is So Hard To Believe. This Guy Has A Boat To Bring Back Form Chicago So Thats 4,600 Round Trip. And That Is If He Is Charging Them What He Is Charging Me. You Guys Need To Relax Just Because I Paid Almost Half Of What You Paid Doesnt Mean Im Wrong. Oh For What Its Worth I Heard The Same Thing When I Bought My Boat. People Told Me There Was No Way I Could By My Daytona For What I Did But I Did And Its Perfect.
I bet they'll put the boat and trailer in a 53' box and transport it with some other cargo. That's actually much better because you don't have to worry about something hitting it or wear on the trailer. That just makes sense with a boat that size. Unfortunately, that's about the limit in size.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned

Dallas no matter how you do the math, your driver is going 3700 miles round trip for 4600 dollars, That means your driver is getting $1.27 per mile. To have the proper insurance and license's and money for maintenence plus a truck payment he is not even breaking even unless your hauler is living out of his pickup truck with no real home. I know the real numbers and at $1.27 per mile someone is not telling the truth. Fuel in the last week has risen 20 cents per gallon. Maybe your hauler is running on fairy dust. I am still waiting to see your haulers DOT number.

Quick Reply: I Need Transportation For My Boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.