Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
2000 Ford Superduty turn signal flasher ??? >

2000 Ford Superduty turn signal flasher ???

Notices

2000 Ford Superduty turn signal flasher ???

Old 02-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default 2000 Ford Superduty turn signal flasher ???

I have not had a chance to troubleshoot this yet, but figured I would ask here first.

On my 2000 F-350, when I turn on the LEFT turn signal, I get a solid yet dim turn signal indicator on the dash, what I believe to be is the flasher is just buzzing under the dash, and the turn signal stays a steady brightness, but does not flash. The RIGHT turn signal works just fine. The 4-way hazard flashers work just fine.

Do the Left and Right turnsignals use different flashers? I have replaced a few of my traditional bulbs with LEDs, which may have worn the flasher out. I would not be surprised. Any insight that anyone else has experienced would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch.
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Ford Superduty turn signal flasher ???-jammin-james-2007-096-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-28-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I have not had a chance to troubleshoot this yet, but figured I would ask here first.

On my 2000 F-350, when I turn on the LEFT turn signal, I get a solid yet dim turn signal indicator on the dash, what I believe to be is the flasher is just buzzing under the dash, and the turn signal stays a steady brightness, but does not flash. The RIGHT turn signal works just fine. The flashers work just fine.

Do the Left and Right turnsignals use different flashers? I have replaced a few of my traditional bulbs with LEDs, which may have worn the flasher out. I would not be surprised. Any insight that anyone else has experienced would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch.
Normally that indicates that ONE of your bulbs is out. In some cars I have had that happen and it wasn't even a blinker light - it was actually a running sidemarker light on the indicated side that was out.

That would be my first guess.

P.S. - you helped me out on an F-350 question a couple weeks ago. I ended up buying a 2000 F350 Dually Lariat last weekend and LOVE the truck.

Last edited by seafordguy; 02-28-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If your flasher was bad, I'd thing it would effect both sides. I agree, bad bulb or connection on your left side.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup take out the LED's and put stock in there just to make sure.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the LED's aren't pulling enough juice to fully trip the flasher relay. I'd put in regular bulbs and try it like Audio said. You might end up having to get flasher relays that take less amps to trip.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Thanks everyone. Its been working fine with all of the LEDs and exactly like it is for over a year. It just "went bad" one day earlier this week. I appreciate all the input.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

ground is bad / dirty. If you look when our 4 way is on one light won't be as bright or not working at all. But I too say get rid of the LED's they F up more crap that anything else on bikes. I must make 200 bucks a week form them.

Only one flasher and it may still be bad.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Registered

I'm going with bulb burnt out. All 3 of my Fords do this when they go out.......
Old 03-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check this out, approx at bottom of page; LED flasher.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...=2299228.30726

Do the Auto LEDs have resistors already built in or do you need to add them ourselves?
Old 03-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Check this out, approx at bottom of page; LED flasher.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...=2299228.30726

Do the Auto LEDs have resistors already built in or do you need to add them ourselves?
Some do and some don't, thats where all the problems come in. The one's that you need to add a resistor to are the ones I see most of the problems with because they get hot and melt the wires, the good ones are when you buy the whole light that has a circuit board are are plug and play. But they cost a bunch most people just want to put in the LED bulb that plugs into you stock socket, those suck. They don't have the right resistance and are never the same so it's hard to add the correct resistor so then all of the other wiring and switches get worked too hard and burn up, the sockets will burn up it's just a mess. So if your not going to spend the big bucks on the good ones I would just buy the best regular bulbs you can get.

It's sounds like a bulb or ground on Brians truck, if they all light on the 4 way then look to see witch one is dim and look for a bad socket or ground, if they are all the same brightness put a flasher in it.

Quick Reply: 2000 Ford Superduty turn signal flasher ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.