Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project >

my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project

Notices

my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project

Old 10-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking cars, Ill do some looking on the net & find out. I know there is a track here in MI & a big one in OH.

Are those all full tube like the truck is?? or is it better to start with a "OEM" chassis & build from there. like the vette or a mustang
Old 10-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER
Nice looking cars, Ill do some looking on the net & find out. I know there is a track here in MI & a big one in OH.

Are those all full tube like the truck is?? or is it better to start with a "OEM" chassis & build from there. like the vette or a mustang
The 151 and 291 are ground up, purpose built Trans Am cars. The 92 for sure at least started out as a stock Vette. Your idea of a perimeter frame in your Late Model is good, stock cars are very fast and well respected in road race circles. I know the 151,92 and the Mustang can be rented www.Gatewayracinginc.com
Old 10-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default look at this

Last edited by FIXX; 10-25-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Registered

Do they road race that car?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No thats a dirt car only goes left lol we call those Super late models in our area but it really depends where u live & who's rules you follow.

Gotta love "fun night" or run what you brung!! throw on the wing & for us some 10" slicks & see what you got!!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER
No thats a dirt car only goes left lol we call those Super late models in our area but it really depends where u live & who's rules you follow.

Gotta love "fun night" or run what you brung!! throw on the wing & for us some 10" slicks & see what you got!!
yep i was the '' run what you brung'' weekend at kankakee raceway last weekend..i guess they call this a pro modifyed superlate... it hauled the mail....my friend reno markahm had a35k engine in his car and he is the track champ this year at our local track and he could not keep up with him..
Old 10-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Do they road race that car?
Ok I'll spell it out to you....fixall dont junk up my thread about a road race stock car with a discussion and pics about an oval track dirt car, why would you post them here? what planet are you from?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

Default is that better..

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Ok I'll spell it out to you....fixall dont junk up my thread about a road race stock car with a discussion and pics about an oval track dirt car, why would you post them here? what planet are you from?
Is that better EH!!..your full of class,,i guess i should have posted a 1969 chevelle that richard petty drove that in the race shop...racing is racing period and the mud is more fun and full of real people..

class act..
Their you just pulled my trigger..
Old 10-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Registered

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 10-25-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
,i guess i should have posted a 1969 chevelle that richard petty drove that in the race shop....
huh?

anyway thanks for removing the pics.....Buddy..... if you had a 6 page thread on restoring a Formula step by step from the ground up and I suddenly jumped in out of nowhere and started posting pics of a Fountain and how it could do this and how it could do that that then said "Well their both boats!!!!!" I would expect you to be a little pizzed off....am I making any sense here??? You're WAY off base with the "class act" s hit....honest to g od.

Theres LOTS of room in this forum, start a "Dirt Car" thread and post like 900 pics, knock yourself out, I promise I wont start posting pics of Formula One cars.

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 10-25-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Quick Reply: my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.