Notices

2008 suburban 5.3

Old 03-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2008 suburban 5.3

buying a suburban and need to know if the 5.3 can be reprogramed to add more hp/tq. instead of buying a 6.0. the 6.0 is hard to find in the right color comb and dont have time to order one.other lease is up
Old 03-13-2008, 02:27 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the Air Intake upgrade (AFE) is about the most difference you will notice, the programers for gas motors are pretty much worthless.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GrandTimes
the Air Intake upgrade (AFE) is about the most difference you will notice, the programers for gas motors are pretty much worthless.
that what i wanted to find out. thanks
Old 03-13-2008, 03:32 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
buying a suburban and need to know if the 5.3 can be reprogramed to add more hp/tq. instead of buying a 6.0. the 6.0 is hard to find in the right color comb and dont have time to order one.other lease is up

yes! contact PCMforless, westers, zippy, or any other computer tuning company. The handheld programmers are worthless for power. I am very pleased with my PCMforless tune done by Bryan H. You will have to take out your computer and send it to them or buy a core and do that. They will optomize any mods you have.....CAI, catback, long tube headers, camshaft, shift kit, trans line pressure.....anything. Or just advance timeing, remove some TM, and raise the line pressure in your stock truck. I have the basic CAI, cat back, and shift kit, premium fuel tune. 100% of torque management removed on my 06' vortec max truck. Flat out hauls azz and pulls sooooo hard up high in the rpms. You will love how a custom tune will wake up your motor. Very cool stuff.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

i just want it to tow better and i didnt want a 2500 series suburban. atleast i know i can do that option.thanks
Old 03-13-2008, 10:30 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
i just want it to tow better and i didnt want a 2500 series suburban. atleast i know i can do that option.thanks
Do a shift kit when available and have the pcm tuned accordingly. You will tow better with no problems and a little extra juice will make you smile on on-ramps. The zippy shift kit I have is called the "Towing kit." Its a modified superior with custom bits n pieces. It more complete than a standard trans-go(that i usually get) and a bit softer than his full shift version. What trans do you have?...to lazy to look.

There are no better gas truck and suv than gm. plenty of accessories to go with them.

Last edited by tblrklakemo; 03-13-2008 at 10:32 PM.