Like Tree0Likes

Trucker Strike tonight !!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:47 PM

My Boat: Baja

Originally Posted by fountain1fan View Post
ok smart guy tell that to the truckers going in the hole every day because of fuel coast .i jest lover smat people . you should run for president you would solve all our money problems .

I'm sorry you took offence to that. Can you see the ones I was talking about or do you drive around with your eyes closed?

Do you ever wonder why some guys are making a good living in the industry and others are going broke?

Call me some time and we can meet out on the road for coffee and maybe we can come up with ways for you to make/save more money. 231-437-0740 John
Old 04-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

My Boat: 88 240 with a new lease on life

Originally Posted by pookie View Post
How about something that does grow like a weed and is much more efficient for production of larger hydrocarbons (such as prairie grass)? That grows great in colder climates with very little energy expenditure.

Cellulosic ethanol (using the prairie grass/cornstalks) as feed stock is about the only ethanol that might be feasible in the long run. Corn ethanol is not, depending on who you listen to it either has equal btu output or even a negative to produce, most likely a negative. Plus when you put it in your car you get less mpg out of the same gallon as fossil fuel so you burn more, you can't send it through the pipe so it has to be tanked, blah blah blah same story we've all heard 100x. I'd like to see the CTL come to fruition, I keep picking up shares of Rentech here and there. It's so cheap at this point I'll throw a couple hundred at a time at it.