Notices

2008 F-450 Project

Old 09-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is one I got off the dieselstop while talking to a guy. Its a F-350 wide a wide track frontend.
Attached Images    
Old 09-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by wananewboat
When we were in Jacksonville they had your boat on the big screen with your name and MD. The guy next to me said "he must be a doctor" I said no I think he is from Maryland.
I saw it too, on the big screen outside. That is always a great run. I love the Jacksonville event. Oh yea, tell your buddy that I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Originally Posted by stecz20
looks great will, dont get me started again.....
Thanks man. Now go get your 450 back!

Originally Posted by Jakester
What programmer are you using to turn off the regen, SCT or Spartan? I hope your running one or it will go into constanst regen after 500 miles.
We are using the SCT. We got the whole package that included the intercooler, air box, DFP delete, exhaust and programmer. The guys at our Ford dealership claim that they did this package on an 08 F-350 and it increased the fuel mileage by more than 50%.

Originally Posted by carter38
Here is one I got off the dieselstop while talking to a guy. Its a F-350 wide a wide track frontend.
I saw that too and sent the guy a message to see how he liked the setup, but I did not get a response. After I ordered everything I was second guessing my choice of 37" tires over 35" tires, so I started searching the net for pictures of trucks on 37s. When I found the pictures of this truck I was blown away by the fact that we picked almost the same components. Even his hood looks similar to the one we are using!!

I did feel a lot better after seeing the pictures of that truck though. It always seems that even though you have an idea in your head of what the finished project will look like, there is always that little bit of doubt until you see the final product. Those pictures erased all fears and doubts immediately!

Originally Posted by activatorf1
I'm a little slow , could you post a pic of the pump . Is there a special hose trigger to install on end of hose ? I'm going to install a wash down tank on my skater trailer .

Larry
The inlet on the pump is connected to the tank via a piece of hose. Then you mount a garden hose connection wherever you want it and run a piece of hose from that the the outlet on the pump. There is nothing special about the hose or nozzle. Somehow the pump knows when it needs to turn on and off all by itself. I am guessing it works by reading the pressure on the outlet somehow. I'm not sure, but it is an easy setup to make and it works well.

The picture below shows the system we had on our last trailer. We had two tanks that were plumbed together so that they would work off of the same pump. There was a tee in the line on the outlet side of the pump that allowed a garden hose hookup to be mounted on each side of the trailer for convenience. This system in the picture was built totally by Myco.
Attached Thumbnails 2008 F-450 Project-water-tank-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 09-10-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
Looks great. I run the same tires. They are not loud for a MT tire.

Sam
HOLY SH*T that thing is incredible. Talk about a big truck!! Thanks for posting the picture!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot Duck, thanks. Coming from someone who has some incredible "toys" that is a REAL compliment.
BTW, sorry for the highjack. Your truck is looking awesome.

Sam
Old 09-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

Lookin great! Good job on that project! Keep us updated...

BUNNY
Old 09-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Any updates?
Old 09-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice lookin GMC !!!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

AWESOME TRUCK! I also had the amp reasearch boards on my F450 and they were great!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No real updates because bike week and its associated activities took precedence over the truck this past week. We just started back on it yesterday. Most of the wiring is finished, but we are still waiting for a few parts to arrive. We hope to have it ready to go to the body shop by the end of the week as long as the rear fenders arrive in time.

Here is the parts list we started with, so we are actually making great progress. The Transfer Flow tank and the bed cover were already installed, so we had a little bit of a head start. We started with the Pro Comp 6" coil springs up front, but the tires were a little close to the wheel well at full lock, so we are gonna slip in a set of 8" springs tomorrow to see how they work.

- 6" Pro Comp radius arm lift
- Pro Comp MX6 reservoir shocks
- 22" Alcoa wheels from American Force
- 37" Toyo Open Country MT tires
- Centramatic wheel balancers
- Kelderman steering components (Pro Comp parts do not fit the 450)
- Kelderman/Bilstein dual steering stabilizer
- Bed Locker roll top cover from Pace Edwards
- 60 gallon fuel tank from Transfer Flow (in place of the factory fuel tank)
- 40 gallon rear fuel tank from Aero Tanks (replaces spare tire under truck)
- 52 gallon water tank and pump from ATTA in the bed of the truck
- Power inverter
- Magnaflow exhaust
- CST programmer
- APM ram air hood and filter
- Turbonetics intercooler
- Street Scene Big Boy dually fenders to cover the wider rear tires
- Rear fender flares from ChromeWheel.com to add to the fenders listed above
- Front winch bumper/grill guard from Buckstop
- Warn winch for front bumper (16.5)
- Rear bumper from Fab Fours
- Firestone rear air bags with compressor and wireless controls
- Second air compressor and tank for on board air (to fill tires, change flats, etc)
- Stuttertone air horns

Last edited by Hot Duck; 09-17-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One word-AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2008 F-450 Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.